• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

R.I.P. 40's on 4

Sirius Killed the XM Radio Star

yeah, right, the 40's pre-empted for 3 months, just like the old 'Movin' Easy' channel, and XM's HD 'Fine Tuning' channel - I'm afraid the numbnuts at SXM are going to kill the 40's channel and maybe even the 50's since they pushed their jocks off the gangplank from 5. Listen to how crappy 70's on 7 is since the merger - no live on-air personalities - just voicetracked assclowns. Satellite audio quality continues to decrease while they add more single-artist channels and other crap channels. They're almost as bad as cable TV - keep adding junk channels, decrease quality and charge more for it when people only really want 3-4 channels.
When are XM and Sirius going to merge their bandwidth so that one radio can tune their whole 25MHz without duplicating every channel? Quality would improved drastically overnight should they ever decide to use just one large system!

As Internet reception in cars improves, Satellite radio will fade away. A signal that even tree leaves kills has no future.

Will data caps and coverage gaps become non-factors? Or will people just accept paying more and more for mobile entertainment. I'm guessing that lack of coverage in rural "flyover country" doesn't even enter the thinking of the SXM brass in NYC.

However the advantage to 'flyover country' is that there are not usually a lot of trees :)

XM works fine here where the cell phone streaming rate is 37 Kbps :)

Virgin Mobile gives you 2.5 GB before throttling and 300 minutes talk time for $35 a month. Eventually caps and expensive service will be replaced by more economical service. The Internet is becoming a necessity.

40's on 4 will return June 25, 2014. It's just being pre-empted for three months.
Hmm!
RMNixon said:
"I have directed Secretary Connally to suspend temporarily the convertibility of the dollar into gold or other reserve assets..."

Last edited:
I never get surveyed by Sirius/XM about my listening. I also won't protest the lame moves, the make far too many to do that. I don't have the time and I doubt it would do any good. There will just come a day when I'm fed up with them and say cancel!

Channels I liked but are no longer available include:

Luna, Cinimagic, CNET, WLTW, and some of the talk stations offered by Clear Channel. Okay I know that Clear pulled out but why do they still carry Z-100 and Kiss?

Instead of leaving a comment on Facebook that will get ignored I will vote with my subscription and opt OUT!

And also at one time Houston's KHMX Mix 96.5 was on XM.

On April 2 at 2:15 pm on Facebook, SiriusXM said, "SiriusXM Radio Hi all - 40s on 4 is still available on SiriusXM Internet Radio Channel 4 and on our mobile apps in the Pop category. It will return to satellite radio on June 26. -Jess."

...and as promised, it WILL return on June 26. I heard a promo for it on Radio Classics today.

Not only is it back but they are featuring some great stories about the music and the performers. I'd say they've come back in style!!! Good job!

I loved 40s on 4. big band music is always so lively.

XM really suffered when Sirius bought it out. sad to see that tradition continue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom