• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Donny Osmond's station list

I still have an old stereo that can record 8-Track. It's an old Sears compact unit from around 1981 with an AM/FM cassette, 8-Track with a BSR type turntable on top. I came with seperate speakers. I haven't used it in years, and it's beat all to hell. The door is missing from the cassette and wires are hanging out of the back but It still worked somewhat the last time I plugged it in. I seldom recorded 8-tracks but I did dub a few from cassettes I borrowed from friends since I didn't have a dual cassette deck at the time and could only dub cassette to 8-track or vise versa. When 8-tracks started to disappear around 1982, stores would sometimes them for as little as $25 cents in the cut-out bin. I bought a stack of 8-tracks from K-mart that way and dubbed them over to cassette so I could play them in the car. Even in the 70's when everyone had 8-track, I knew they were crap even at 12 years old. I would often have these arguments with people over which was better. An argument I eventually won.

About 10 years ago, I worked for a time with an older lady (retirement age, part timer) who had just bought a mid-70's Cadillac that had been up on blocks for years. (Talk about a dirigible on wheels!) And this old Caddie had a working 8-track player in it. A pal in the ad biz had just finished a local commercial where they used a bunch of old 8-track tapes as "props," and I got them from him to give to her. Authentic 70's pop too; Donny Osmond, Tom Jones, the Partridge Family, Cher's "Half-Breed," etc. Anyway, she used them for a while; but she was a notoriously lousy driver and ended up totaling the Cad as she had several other cars (fortunately, no injuries!) But even after crashing the car...guess what? The 8-track player still worked! Say what you might (and it's probably true,) but man, those things were durable! (PS: Anybody remember Quadraphonic 8-track tapes? Sheeesh...)

Today (5/9) on '8TPB', Donny Osmond played 'The Longest Time' by Billy Joel... Anyone know what song he played on 'Donny's Datebook'?

I posted on the Facebook page known as "The Daily Donny Fix" about where I could find 'Donny's Datebook' and it responded that '8TPB' and 'Datebook' "were basically the same segment adjusting for the different genres that went along with it". It's as if the page was implying that one and the same song was on two different features!!

Today (8/22) on '8TPB'-- 'Wild Thing' by the Troggs. That's right, I mean the chart-topper from 1966!!

I got to ask: What song was on 'Donny's Datebook'?

Today (12/3/2015) on the '8-track Playback', the song of the day was 'Baby, I Love Your Way' by Peter Frampton. But according to my notes (based on what I heard), it was another song from the Frampton Comes Alive album... Did Donny provide more than one song for the same day? Or did the radio station air the wrong feature?

It happened again today! My notes indicate that 'Danny's Song' by Loggins and Messina was the song for December 4th, but today, KBYG played the 1980s Beach Boys hit 'Kokomo'... Again-- two songs for the same day? Or the wrong date?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom