• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who took the bomp from the bomp-bomp-bomp?

Jeff Rollins, a DJ on Dial Global America's Best Music, asked the opposite question ("Who put the bomp in the bomp-bomp-bomp?") after playing The Carpenters' "Yesterday Once More". He said he liked doo-wop.

I don't think his format includes the song, but I imagine it is played on the local morning show on the radio station that mostly uses this satellite format.

Both great songs! I've recently switched my online listening to WPLJ-HD2 (True Oldies) and haven't yet heard many 50's or any Doo Wop but it's welcome any time. Some great old sounds in those songs. Barry Mann's "Bomp" was a parody and a salute to the first generation of Rock n Roll.

One of my fav soft rock groups, The Carpenters. Karen was gone way too soon. :(

Great reference from the jock.

Reunion's "Life Is A Rock" is another homage to songs of yesteryear.

Who took the bomp from the bomp-bomp-bomp?

I didn't do it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom