• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

40s on 4 dumped for 3 months

U

Unregistered

"40's on 4" to be dumped for Billy Joel for 3 months. Lots of complaints on Facebook.

That is if you were a subscriber. Since you're not it shouldn't matter.

I am a subscriber and I don't like this move. With so many channels for hard rock- rap- etc. Whenever they make a change it always comes at the expense of the older formats. Satellite used to be a place to go for something different. I often enjoyed Cinimagic, the channel that played some really great movie music you couldn't hear anywhere else. Satellite radio today has become more mass appeal and similar to most of the terrestrial offerings we currently can hear for free. This will be the downfall of satellite radio. When it's no longer unique. I'm seriously thinking of just using my iPod and eliminate the unnecessary expense.

Luckily I found an iOS app that has no "commercials" other than those that fit the theme. it's called Silvertone Radio. They also have a website and you can listen to it from your browser as well. http://silvertoneradio.com

..... Satellite radio today has become more mass appeal and similar to most of the terrestrial offerings we currently can hear for free. This will be the downfall of satellite radio. When it's no longer unique. I'm seriously thinking of just using my iPod and eliminate the unnecessary expense.

That plus the horrible quality audio were the reasons I dropped my XM subscription. Rip the band-aid off.. you'll be glad you did. There are plenty of free apps as well as your own collection on your iPod that you can take advantage of. It's been over 2 years for me. It's really an unnecessary expense.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom