• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sully Back on the Air at WGST

U

Unregistered

Good to hear my ol' friend Sully, formally of Dave 92.9 FM, back on the air at WGST middays.
WGST is actually getting more listenable. Along with adding Rich Sullivan in middays they have also revamped the weather presentation. The Weather Channel was terribly inaccurate - Accuweather is such a big improvement.
I love Herman Cain as a person but can't listen to his show. Glenn Beck, when not off on a bazaar tangent, can be entertaining and I really like the guy in early evening.
I listen to WSB ONLY because of a few people: Scott Slade, Kirk Mellish, Herb Emery, Bob Cox, and Dave Baker. The rest of the station is mediocre. If I hear one more Belinda Skelton voiced commercial I will puke...

bazaar?

I applaud Beck's going to bazaar tangents. I love bazaars myself.

Bazaar

Not only that, but he's not listening too hard. Bob Coxe retired months ago.

I listened to Sully the other day and I bet he covered 10 topics in 20 minutes and didn't get a single call. If GST is lucky they will get a 1.5 share out of him. Sully is boring.

Naturally Beck is going to touch on bazaar topics. Church bazaars, of course …

At least he keeps things moving, doesn't sit there and beat the topic to death. Does he get any response or interaction from his crew?

WGST is getting more listenable? You must have a vested interest. WGST, a 50,000 watt station in a major market, has the same programming you would find at any Podunk station in every small city in America. There is not one bit of originality or uniqueness about them. It's an absolute waste what they are doing to that station. They used to be a player. As far as Sully goes, he can't connect with the audience. If you saw him at a party you would avoid him. He is dull.

Last edited:
Herman Cain is a gimmick. I think Beck gets his talking points from Alex Jones. Alex is not on in this market but nationwide via SW and internet.

Why is this doofus still on the air?

Seriously, why did they give Sully a talk show? His show has the depth of the morning top 40 morning zoo idiots, I am not learning a thing from him one way or the other. He must have the least intelligent show on the air during his time slot... I try to listen on occasion because I like both Beck and Ramsey. Does anyone listen to him? he is constantly asking for callers and I rarely hear anyone call in. I can't wait until they get this doofus off the air!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom