• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.7 Spanish religious station?

This is a little bit of a puzzle. I'm trying to track down a signal, no callsign, on 106.7 here in Modesto.
Called the station today, they confirmed Sacramento studio but the on-air gal couldn't tell me the calls (!), also said there were two other stations in their network (AMs in Willows and Yuba City?).

I wrote the group owner of a CP here in Waterford but they deny it's them. I'm going to go out tomorrow and check to see if they ever built their antenna; if not it may be a "pirate".

You are most likely hearing K294AW out of Arnold, CA. They put out 140 watts from a tower 5500' above sea level - near Calaveras Big Trees Park off Hwy 4 roughly 60 miles NE of Modesto. The parent station is KCFA 106.1, also licensed to Arnold.

Big D, thanks, I thought that K294AW be a possibility... but they are not simulcasting the parent "La Favorita" - so they are getting their feed elsewhere...
I actually called the station yesterday - they must be simulcasting one of the AMs - the on-air gal told me there's at least two AMs, one in Willows and one in Yuba City... She didn't know any of the call letters!

There's something on 104.5 that also fits this description. I heard a TOH ID that said "KIQS Willows" followed by "104.5 Lodi". There's no 104.5 licensed to Lodi. But La Favorita has a 104.5 translator licensed to West Point (K283AY). I can guarantee that one isn't on the air, as I regularly visit the area and all I get on 104.5 is KFOG. But as you go down the hill towards Jackson it turns to Spanish religion.

I've also heard that La Favorita's KBYN 95.9 signal (licensed to Arnold) is actually transmitting from Fowler Peak near Angels Camp instead of where it is licensed. I haven't been to Stockton to check out the signal but there could be a pattern here.

Dave B.

Dave, I think we're onto something. I suspected KIQS was being rebroadcast (as well as a Yuba City station) on the Arnold translator.

I called the GM of La Favorita to ask about the 106.7 signal (since they own the translator), that was about a month ago, he didn't seem to know what programming was on there (I'm guessing a time brokerage of some kind). He was very nice on the phone but I don't think it's a good sign 1) he never got back to me about who the programmer was (after saying he would), 2) others have pointed out to me that that translator may not have authority to rebroadcast anything but KCFA which is the 106.1 version of "La Favorita" (there are three such signals covering the northern SJV).

I can pull in 103.7 but barely in Modesto (near Oakdale/Scenic). I don't believe it's the same programming as the previous stations we've been discussing, but a disclaimer is in order here: my Spanish is of the "donde esta el bano?" variety.
On 106.7 I hear a lot of "radio catolica mundial" imaging.

They must be using very directional antennae even from so far away. KCFA/106.1 is a rimshotter pointing at Sacramento and Stockton (according to their own website); KBYN/95.9 points to Modesto and Manteca; and KSKD/Livingston 95.9 points to Madera and Merced.

106.7 fm problem

I'm the owner of radio station k wake us 1560 a.m. License on willows California not long time ago I make one of my biggest mistake of my life I rent out a radio station 106.7 FM from the attorney nelson gomez owner of La Favorita network day when I was not in town the radio station went off the air it is when I find out that signal 106. .7 FM was not a radio station I find out that Was a translatormy reputation is in the ground people. Help me to build up. Signal With Catholic programing and start accusing me of stealing their money the station when I get out The airthis guy never told me that He was doing something illegalshe never mention to me. We have any risk of losing the signalI I pay these guy a lot of moneyI feel betrayed even though I asked himplease to put a disclaimer and the other Catholic radio station that he owns 1390 AM....to put a disclaimer to try to clean up my name he never did itI would like to know if it's any legal rights that I havemy cell phone it is 209 262 6261are you know this guy is very smart and very powerful but I know the truth is the best weapon in love it is about the law

NOTICE OF UNLICENSED OPERATION

Case Number: EB-FIELDWR-14-00016177
Document Number: W201432960003

The San Francisco Office received information that an unlicensed
broadcast radio station on 95.9 MHz was allegedly operating on Fowler
Peak, California and causing interference to the Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) on their Terminal Radar Approach Control Facilities
(TRACON) frequency 126.475 MHz. On June 5, 2014, agents from this office
confirmed by direction finding techniques that radio signals on frequency
95.9 MHz were emanating from Fowler Peak, a/k/a Bear Mountain, near Angels
Camp, California. Spurious emissions from this transmitter were causing
interference to the FAA communications on 126.475 MHz. The Commission's
records show that no license was issued for operation of a broadcast
station at this location on 95.9 MHz near Angels Camp, California.

Radio stations must be licensed by the FCC pursuant to 47 U.S.C. §
301. The only exception to this licensing requirement is for certain
transmitters using or operating at a power level that complies with the
standards established in Part 15 of the Commission's rules, 47 C.F.R. §§
15.1 et seq. The field strength of the signal on frequency 95.9 MHz
exceeded the maximum permitted level of 250 microvolts per meter (uV/m)
at 3 meters for non-licensed devices. Thus, this station is operating
in violation of 47 U.S.C. § 301.

You are hereby warned that operation of radio transmitting equipment
without a valid radio station authorization constitutes a violation
of the Federal laws cited above and could subject the operator of this
illegal operation to severe penalties, including, but not limited to,
substantial monetary forfeitures, in rem arrest action against the
offending radio equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.
(see 47 U.S.C. §§ 401, 501, 503 and 510).

UNLICENSED OPERATION OF THIS RADIO STATION MUST BE DISCONTINUED
IMMEDIATELY.

You have ten (10) days from the date of this notice to respond with proof
of your license or authority to operate granted by the FCC. Your response
should be sent to the address in the letterhead and reference the listed
case and document number. Under the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. §
552a(e)(3), we are informing you that the Commission's staff will use
all relevant material information before it to determine what, if any,
enforcement action is required to ensure your compliance with FCC Rules.
This will include any information that you disclose in your reply.

La favorita radio network

It is interesting that KCFA et all has tax issues with the State of California

Entity Name: LA FAVORITA RADIO NETWORK
Entity Number: C3215985
Date Filed: 06/29/2009
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 4043 GEER RD
Entity City, State, Zip: HUGHSON CA 95326
Agent for Service of Process: AXEL B GOMEZ
Agent Address: 2881 GEER RD STE A
Agent City, State, Zip: TURLOCK CA 95382

This station/channel is now, in Modesto, KPQS - not "La Favorita" but another Spanish music station..

KPQS-FM, Waterford (Modesto) is a new station licensed to HISPANIC TARGET MEDIA INC.

La Favorita owns:
KCFA-FM 106.1 Arnold
KBYN-FM 95.9 City of Angels
KNTO-FM 93.3 Chowchilla
KAFY-AM 1100 Bakersfield
KLOC-AM 1390 Turlock
K294AW 106.7 Arnold
K289AJ 105.7 Westpoint (rebroadcasting KCFA-FM)
K283AY 104.5 Westpoint (rebroadcasting KBYN-FM)

Main studios
4043 Geer Rd.
Hughson, CA 95326

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom