• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kiss-FM Maine

Say goodbye to Kiss 94.5 "Today's Best Variety" and hello to Kiss-FM "Continuous Soft Rock." WKSQ recently flipped to soft ac after running hot ac since 2008. The Blueberry Broadcasting station now adds another trimulcast to its company profile with the station on 94.5/97.5/102.5. (Formerly Midcoast 102.5/AC station) This gives their signal a huge coverage area, which includes the Bangor/Ellsworth/Downeast market, along with the midcoast and Augusta/Waterville market. The station isn't your typical soft rock station. The branding doesn't necessarily match the overall feel of the music. They are playing a heavy amount of new rhythmic AC tracks from today's hit artists, along with familiar hit songs from yesterday. I'd have to assume they are going for a younger demo compared to other soft ac formats. The station continues to air Bob & Sheri in the mornings. It will be interesting to see if this direction bumps them up in the ratings. Unfortunately Blueberry isn't streaming the station, or any of their stations for that matter. Their resistance to streaming is a tough call, but overall the station is not a website based product. They could certainly use a boost in social media presence to compensate for that. What do you think of this move?

I just noticed this flip today actually. I was in Waterville today and I swear, all stations were playing "Happy" (92 Moose, Q 97.9, Z 107.3) so I moved to Kiss. Was surprised to hear a lot more of the 80's soft hits. The only problem is I hate their sound. The processing is...weird? Just sounds odd to me. But then again so do the others. 92 Moose and Q 97.9 have wayyyyy to much bass punch. The only station I can listen to for a long period of time is Z 107.3. And even then there are days I swear they lost all new music and were stuck in the early 2000's. :)

The area needs a new CHR bad.

...I moved to KISS.The only problem is I hate their sound. The processing is...weird? Just sounds odd to me...

That is so sad. I was one of the first people at KISS 94-FM when it started in 1982. Mark Osborne installed the Aphex Aural Exciter ahead of the Optimod. Transparent and clean! Bright, with NO bass enhancement! That was the best sounding station on the air! Somebody changed things, obviously...

Doug

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom