• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKCP off the air all weekend

...and I wonder what the words, "...significant improvements..." mean?
The three other FMs on the tower at 17107 SW 248 St (88.1, 88.9, 98.3) are unaffected.
From classicalsouthflorida.publicradio.org, we read this:

"89.7 FM OFF AIR FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY"

"WKCP 89.7 FM will be off the air from sunrise to sunset this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
We apologize for this service interruption as we make significant improvements to our broadcast tower.
We will continue to stream on our website at classical south florida dot org or via our i-phone app.
WNPS 88.7 and WPBI 90.7 are unaffected by this service outage.
We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Last edited:
...and I wonder what the words, "...significant improvements..." mean?
The three other FMs on the tower at 17107 SW 248 St (88.1, 88.9, 98.3) are unaffected.
From classicalsouthflorida.publicradio.org, we read this:

"89.7 FM OFF AIR FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY"

"WKCP 89.7 FM will be off the air from sunrise to sunset this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
We apologize for this service interruption as we make significant improvements to our broadcast tower.
We will continue to stream on our website at classical south florida dot org or via our i-phone app.
WNPS 88.7 and WPBI 90.7 are unaffected by this service outage.
We appreciate your patience and understanding."

It may be that they are working on the antenna and used the word "... broadcast tower..." instead of using the word "antenna" which applies only to WKCP. Just a thought.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom