• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Me-TV To Debut on Channel 3.1 in NYC Market in Spring

So far nothing is on the air yet. You would think they would sign on early with a test pattern at some point before the actual debut. I know that's what they did with the affiliate in Philly.

MeTV NY launch delayed again

PMCM now states it plans to be up and running on ch 3 in the NY/NJ area in September, not the 7/31 target originally announced.

There is a new delay in MeTV NY's launch, a representative for the station has stated that they will now be on the air in September. No other details were given, except that you can follow updates for NY/NJ on the Delaware station's social media sites.

What did the station in PA replace MeTV with? I'll assume WZME will move MGM's "The Works" to the primary spot, or can they come up with something better than that?

Another delay for MeTV NY...

Here is an update to the ongoing problems regarding the addition of MeTV New York/KVNV/WJLP...
Cablevision, along with several other cable systems, requested a delay in adding this must-carry as WFSB in CT has an objection regarding the use of not only cable channel 3, but also PSIP 3. The FCC has indicated that they have the right to stay on cable 3 in CT, but will consider the PSIP issue and have a decision very shortly. The cable/telco/satellite systems would then have 3 months to add the station.

The FCC has dismissed the station's earlier objection. The complete filing, released this past Friday is here:
http://www.fcc.gov/document/cablevision-systems-corp-et-al?fontsize=

Here is an update to the ongoing problems regarding the addition of MeTV New York/KVNV/WJLP...
Cablevision, along with several other cable systems, requested a delay in adding this must-carry as WFSB in CT has an objection regarding the use of not only cable channel 3, but also PSIP 3. The FCC has indicated that they have the right to stay on cable 3 in CT, but will consider the PSIP issue and have a decision very shortly. The cable/telco/satellite systems would then have 3 months to add the station.

The FCC has dismissed the station's earlier objection. The complete filing, released this past Friday is here:
http://www.fcc.gov/document/cablevision-systems-corp-et-al?fontsize=

I'm surprised this objection is coming from WFSB. I can't imagine many, if any, people watching WFSB's over the air signal in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. In fact, in KVNV/WJLP's own city of license, one can pull in KYW-TV in Philadelphia which would map to PSIP "3". As far as I know, CBS has not complained about duplicate mapping in the KYW/KVNV overlap area.

I know someone in Monmouth County, NJ who can receive WCBS-TV and KJWP (KVNV's sister station) over the air. WCBS maps to 2.1 and KJWP maps to 2.3. In addition, he also receives WACP and WNBC-TV who both map to PSIP "4." Strangely, he receives WACP as "4.1" and WNBC starts at "4.2".

I think this is all about cable positioning. Something tells me that KVNV/WJLP will be allowed to map to PSIP "3", and on cable/satellite/telco, they will be on "3" in every area except Fairfield County, CT.

Incidentally, a few posts earlier asked about the "WJLP" calls. I've heard both "WJLP" and "KJLP". Press Broadcasting's first station was WJLK AM-FM in Asbury Park, NJ. The WJLK calls still reside on 94.3 mhz in Asbury Park. So perhaps- "WJLP" is a combination of "WJLk" and "Press Broadcasting."

-mike

MeTV

Seems to be of lot of misinformation on that city-data website. As far as I know, there is no decision yet, then the cable/sat/telco operators all have 90 days to act. This will take a while.

There is a new channel on the air right now in NYC -- WFUT has lit up 68.4 and is running a loop for ESCApE, a mystery network set to launch on the 18th. The station is also in line to get Grit, a Western/war movie network.

Has anyone noticed a change in CBSNY+? I see little in terms of local news. Most of what's left is just automated.

I would assume Comcast would be reactively quick putting KVNV/WJLP on their systems since they already cleared channel 3 on their system and relocated the existing channels (on ch 3) in anticipation of the original July 31st launch date.

I would be surprised, as a number of systems joined Cablevision in requesting a delay. I would also be interested to know if any systems with stations from both Philly and NY carry both PMCM stations. That would be odd, since PMCM stated the stations would be nearly the same.

What did the station in PA replace MeTV with?

WFMZ added TuffTv. I have FiOS right outside of Philly and they added it too where the MeTv subchannel was. FiOS also didn't have KJWP immediately while Comcast had it the day it moved from WFMZ's subchannel to KJWP.

July 31st. And they're supposedly giving up the KVNV calls.

Fall, as they are awaiting an FCC decision on WFSB's claim of potential interference and their right to the use of ch 3. The FCC denied WFSB's earlier objection. KJLP will most likely be the call letters.

Channel 3.1 WILL NOT be pre-empting anything. They're becoming a FullTime 24/7 affiliate of ME-TV.

PMCM did state that they would insert two public affairs programs, both to be hosted by Larrry Mendte, on Saturday evenings from 7pm to 8. That will preempt Batman. The shows will repeat on Sunday mornings, preempting the networks E/I programming

Channel 3.1 WILL NOT be pre-empting anything. They're becoming a FullTime 24/7 affiliate of ME-TV.

The station, most likely taking the call letters KJLP, will pre-empt two hours each week for two half hour public affairs programs to be hosted by Larry Mendte on Saturday evenings, and repeating on Sunday mornings.

Current start is projected for "the Fall" as they await an FCC decision regarding a complaint from WFSB regarding potential interference and their right to ch 3. The FCC rejected their earlier objection.

Last edited:
The station, most likely taking the call letters KJLP, will pre-empt two hours each week for two half hour public affairs programs to be hosted by Larry Mendte on Saturday evenings, and repeating on Sunday mornings.

Current start is projected for "the Fall" as they await an FCC decision regarding a complaint from WFSB regarding potential interference and their right to ch 3. The FCC rejected their earlier objection.

I don't understand how an out of market station that is only carried in 1 county in the entire NYC market can be holding up the entire operations of KVNV. Is anyone else baffled by this? Let the station go on the air (OTA), and let all the cable operators carry the new station in other areas while they work things out in Fairfield county. In any case, I read on another forum that they haven't even put up the new antenna yet to begin broadcasting. That is supposed to happen in the next couple weeks.

I don't understand how an out of market station that is only carried in 1 county in the entire NYC market can be holding up the entire operations of KVNV. Is anyone else baffled by this? Let the station go on the air (OTA), and let all the cable operators carry the new station in other areas while they work things out in Fairfield county. In any case, I read on another forum that they haven't even put up the new antenna yet to begin broadcasting. That is supposed to happen in the next couple weeks.

Baffles me too. Last I heard about the transmitter was that there were issues for other stations using 4 TS. The others reduced there power as repairs and upgrades were under way. Perhaps it isn't just WFSB holding things up (although Cablevision did approach the FCC as they obviously did not want to get involved in deciding how to deal with two channel 3s in Fairfield County.) I think it is very certain that WFSB will keep cable 3 in CT, but there is the issue of PSIP 3 and that WFSB wants the new station to use 33 (which, I think would create more problems as that is WCBS' RF -- selecting 33 on my TV leads me to ch 2).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom