• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRAT now simulcasting on 107.9 LBI

d21ofnj

Star Participant
Was at the Seaside St Pats Day parade and seen 95.9 the Rat marching in...they held a promo banner saying they're now simulcasting on W300AO 107.9 in Manahawkin/LBI. Sounds like an interesting move, let's see how the rat plays in Southern Ocean.

Dont know why they are not promoting the HD-2, only the translator, it seems nobody cares about HD, which is sad, its sole purpose is to feed translators. Does the HD-2 have the same or better coverage than the 107.9 translator, just curious, if so, it might be better to get an HD radio and listen to the HD-2 on 100.1.

HD radio didn't made an impact to begin with. Look how many other stations that feed off from HD2 signals to translators and only promote the translator frequency. Hell, some HD stations are branded by the translator frequency.

I am kinda surprised W300AO did simulcast WJRZ for so long, at least since the late 1990s I think.
100.7 W264AM in Toms River however still continues to, so now hopefully they can do a similar move with that translator.
WJRZ on 100.1 is strong enough in most of Ocean County, and I don't think the translators were really needed for WJRZ's main signal.

W300AO boosted their power to 250 watts (the most allowed for a translator), from their original 19 watts, right before they switched to simulcasting WRAT ..
W264AM has applied for a similar upgrade to 250 watts (from 54 watts) ..
In the case of 100.7, when they first signed that on back in the 1990's, they had said at the time, it was for the signal to penetrate downtown office buildings in the event of a nuclear emergency at Oyster Creek ..
With WRAT coming in well in Toms River, I don't see them putting that on 100.7, although stranger things have happened ..
Unless WRAT plans something unique for their HD2, maybe they'll throw that on 100.7 ..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom