• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any ideas for My Network TV?

HawkeyeST

Frequent Participant
I have some: Bring back 'AMW', 'Smackdown', and 'The Cleveland Show', and also air 'Monday Night Raw'

"My" affiliates in major markets should consider taking the cellular buyout and go dark when the repack rolls around. Markets with four or more commercial stations will see the weakest one go dark, and that's likely going to be the "My" affiliate. If "My" is on a subchannel, it will get bumped in favor of one of the big four or the CW in a case where the weakest sells its intellectual property to a competitor and goes dark, as with the case in Hastings NE.

FOX is getting KTVU and KICU from Cox. KRON has never been a Fox affiliate.

But yes, with the new duop, MNTV is moving to KICU.

There must have been "Sum Ting Wong" with my post (reference to a KTVU newscast from last year).

KRON was NBC until the turn of the century. Then it went indie until 2006, when MNTV came along.

Since MyNetworkTV is nothing but reruns, this is an idea for retro Saturday mornings. (E/I programming would move to Sundays)

DreamWorks has a large collection of TV characters (after they bought Classic Media in 2012), and they have a distribution deal with Fox.

Variety shows!

I believe that MNTV can be the place for Saturday night variety shows, with comedy, music and production numbers. Or we can use it for anime series.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom