• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for title of unknown song

crainbebo

Walk of Fame Participant
I used to hear a song all the time on KWJZ (before the flip to Click) and others that I cannot figure out the name of it. It was an oriental song with a female background singer in an Asian language. Could anyone figure out which song this is? It would be appreciated. (I also heard this song on an adult hits station, 107.7 KWVN the other night, couldn't go and figure it out since I was getting ready for bed!)

-crainbebo

I am going to go out on a limb and take a guess that it might have been Sukyaki, by Kyu Sakomoto as remade by A Taste of Honey?

'Shazam' on a smartphone. Also several others. As they say 'play a few bars ...' and the App will try to identify the song. Also available on a PC if I remember correctly.

Nope. Sounded like it was a 1990s song. The singer only spoke a few times in the song - it was mainly an instrumental, new age oriental song. The title I cannot remember but I remember hearing it constantly.

-crainbebo

I just remembered what it was now - it was "Sadness" by Enigma. A smash new-age hit, it used to air on a lot of smooth jazz stations in the 90s and 2000s. KWJZ included.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom