• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Warm 98

Well, Billl, maybe he should slow down for you. Magic 95 in Fort Wayne has had that format "forever" in radio years and successfully rebranded itself. That is what he thinks WARM should do.

Maybe if you focused a little more on what's being said and a little less on the snarky responses, you'd see it.

I come here to read opinions, not swipes at the people who give them (like this one). If you have an argumentative point to make, great. Save the belittleing strokes for another board, please.

Well Arbitorn, maybe you could go back and read the two long opinions I already wrote on this thread. Unless Cumulus has plans for a Nash-like national AC brand, Warm98 will not change. Just because a station somewhere else does it doesn't mean it's going to happen here.

Well, Billl, maybe he should slow down for you. Magic 95 in Fort Wayne has had that format "forever" in radio years and successfully rebranded itself. That is what he thinks WARM should do.

Maybe if you focused a little more on what's being said and a little less on the snarky responses, you'd see it.

I come here to read opinions, not swipes at the people who give them (like this one). If you have an argumentative point to make, great. Save the belittleing strokes for another board, please.

Thanks Arb.. Nice way to trash a good thread Bill...I think I'll stay on the other board.. Bye..

I've rad this post from the beginning. It's not about whether or not Cumulus WILL change it, it's about Microbob thinking that they SHOULD.

Note to self: if bill from white plains is posting, move on.

I didn't conveniently forget anything. That wasn't the point. And, yes, I told you so.

No, Bill. Here's the original post that started this thread.

I wonder that since latest book for WARM 98 was way down of there will be any changes with staff in the near future.

The original question was about possible changes in staff, not about the brand -- and this was your response. (Your comment about B&M not included.)

Warm 98 is down because of Christmas. This happens every year. Not really a surprise or a concern. They're back to where they are used to being, maybe taking a little bit of a hit from 94.9.

Now, to the displeasure of experienced pros like you, the not-in-the-business enthusiasts offered a couple of tangents. It's what the enthusiasts do. It's a good part of what this board is about. We heard complaints about B&M -- Arbitorn's "Does anyone really think the era of a giggling, self-involved he and she in the morning is not over?" And we read Ghost's idea that perhaps it was time for a name change -- "Greater question, isn't the Warm brand well past it's expiration date on that frequency?"

You offered a reasoned "It still gets good numbers, still makes money, and is an established brand in this market." Microbob pressed the issue. You again presented a cogent reply. The thread then devolved into snarky comments from the few still participating, and ended. That is, until Thursday evening when you chose to reopen it with your "Good thing Warm didn't change their name" comment.

As implied, I'll grant you your told you so moment. The problem is the name issue was only a part of this eight month old thread. Denying that doesn't change the original question -- or your original answer.

"They're down -- will there be changes in staff?"

"No -- happens every year. No surprise or concern. Back to where they're used to being."

Therein, Bob from White Plains, lies the rub. That pesky enthusiast asked a simple question. Will there be change? And time has shown that the Cumulus answer wasn't your "no concern." Clearly, someone at Cumulus, whether locally or nationally did see reason for concern. Change was made. Chris Lynn was moved to Nash FM. Greg Dunkin was brought in from Topeka. And in result, Warm is currently up to a 6.3.

You're free to offer the opinion that the current 6.3 wouldn't have happened had there been a change in brand. Trouble is, you don't know that. None of us do.

But again, here's what we do know. Despite your view that there was no concern, time has shown that within Cumulus there was. Greg Dunkin has improved Warm's position, not a lack of a name change. I'm no fan of Greg. But I'm also no fan of an attempt to diminish his achievement at Warm with an effort to correlate those gains to a simple lack of change in brand.

Like him or not, Greg Dunkin more than deserves the credit for a job, so far, well done.

Last edited:
Action, let me be the first to congratulate Greg Dunkin on his success. I didn't even know he was there. Didn't know Chris Lynn was moved. If the original question was about staff changes, the end discussion was about the brand. That's what I was replying to yesterday. The Christmas hangover happens every year and the posters make a big deal about it every year. They love to predict and see change and then complain when everything changes. Again, not the point of my latest post. The point was that Warm98 didn't need to throw away 34 years of brand history to jump on the latest "MyFM" or "NEWFM" bandwagon to fight WREW. Cumulus was smart enough to know that and bring in someone who obviously knows how to keep it working.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom