• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WREC-AM 600 Changes

JoeMorris

Regular Participant
I know this is probably a few weeks old, but I didn't see any other posts, so here goes.

Seems there have been a few changes in News Radio 600's lineup. The biggest, to me, is no more Memphis Morning News. Been replaced by Wall Street Journal Report. And now the big three talkers (Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity) will have all 3 hours of their programs heard in Memphis. And now there's this new local show by a guy I don't really know much about named Jake (show is called Nation of Jake). Think he might have grown up here, but also did some radio work in Atlanta.

So what do you guys know and/or think about Jake and all the other changes at WREC?

I am from Memphis and used to always tune in to WREC to get my talk fix on. I am shocked to find out that they are canning the local morning news. I feel this is a sign of WREC's business plan not working. They are obviously loosing money and these changes reflect that. I also kind of feel responsible because my expertise is in the streaming business. I feel the future of radio is going to be only streaming. The day will come when all the local popular traditional terrestrial stations will pull the plug on their transmitters. The powers that be at WREC must not realize this and must be struggling to survive. I only at the moment know of Ric Chetter and his Radio Memphis that is basing his business model on streaming only.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom