• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WAY-FM Louisville Changes

Translators are not required to cover their city of license. It may be the license actually started out in Shelbyville and it was hopped into Louisville.

In case anybody was wondering, the message stating that WAY-FM has moved is gone as of today (it was there just yesterday)... in fact, there is nothing at 93.9 right now.

Just found this article.Cumulus is returning the WLCL call letters to 93.9.The plot thickens :)
http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/88249/wayfm-moves-in-louisville/

I'm guessing that they're returning those letters since WAY-FM probably wants to keep the WAYI letters, and WLCL is just a good name to use as a backup since that was their previous name... sort of like a divorced woman returning to her maiden name. The waiting game to see what is next there seems to be the biggest mystery though...

I may be wrong, but I think it has redirected to the Cumulus website ever since they went dark a few years ago... the whois says it was registered in 2008.

All hope it isnt classic hits again. I do not enjoy that format the way they did it. Now if they did it like jack fm in la i would enjoy. We shall see...

All hope it isnt classic hits again. I do not enjoy that format the way they did it. Now if they did it like jack fm in la i would enjoy. We shall see...

So do you think Cumulus actually will be involved with whatever is next at WLCL? I think that is the million dollar question. They already left here about four years ago and are left with one standalone station here. Which leads me to think that there is no way that they're going to try again. But on the other hand, the dynamics of things have changed since 2010, Cumulus is fully capable of running their stations with almost no staff, and there are a few other markets (mostly smaller ones) where they own just one station.

I don't think I ever once listened to them in their classic hits format, so I can't really comment on that. But if they ARE going to do anything here (which I am skeptical of, but it isn't completely out of the realm of possibilities), that seems like the most logical move, since WLCL are the appropriate call letters for that format.

Rocky and troy in the morning and all your faves the rest of the day the all new 93.9 hits from today and back in the day. Rocky and troy yes classic hits NO

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom