• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kmph 840

I have ben listening to KMPH out of Modesto with it's oldies format. I like it. I notice David Jackson is listed as program director.

I am? Groovy!

I thought it was just me that knew of this gem, I have been listening on the net non stop for the last few months, found it by mistake. This is one fantastic station, I was just wondering is this just an internet station or does it really broadcast over the airwaves, if so, the people out that way are very lucky to have an AM station playing these great "oh wow" oldies that you can tune in with an ordinary portable radio or in the car it must sound great, just like the 60's. Also, I love those keep our firearms commercials and the public service ones with the old actors promoting things and of course the voice of the Wolfman...Keep doing what you are doing btw I am from Philadelphia PA.

Thanks, Hangman. It's a real, live radio station, blasting 5-million milliwatts of power across the Central Valley on 840 AM.

KMPH is definetly a gem! I listen to it all the time here in Sacramento, yes the signal reaches that far!

KMPH-AM was sold to IHR EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING for $ 50,000.00.

First 93/KHJ ... and now KMPH/840!

Get out your cassette recorders and make those airchecks now. Wolfman Jack and Oldies will be gone from KMPH/840 in a matter of days.

still playing oldies as of this writing and still promoting functions well into october...

still playing oldies as of this writing and still promoting functions well into october...

The function is Central Valley Cruisers, which runs every Friday night through October.

Sounds like IHR's engineers will be in today (July 30) to check out the facility and, perhaps, make the switch to their programming as early as this afternoon.

Sounds like IHR's engineers will be in today (July 30) to check out the facility and, perhaps, make the switch to their programming as early as this afternoon.

Gone at 10:58 AM (PDT). And that's that.

So bummed

David-

Let us know where you land. I loved KMPH and especially the fact that you played B sides and some regional hits. It made every moment of listening a pleasure. I hope you can find a station that will give you the same amount of freedom.

All the best-
Dean Seavers
Sacramento

Wow I have been listening on line all day in the mall. I thought they were still broadcasting over the air, they are still on the net its 9:30PM Philadelphia time. I hope they keep the streaming, that is the only way I listened. And to think I was looking for Papas Olive Oil today in the Wholefoods and they did not carry it :).

Still going strong Thursday morning and sounding better than ever, I think Arnold is still going to do his day in music history...I really hope they stay on the internet....

Since this new change I dont listen anymore, too much soul music now. The british invasion, surf/beach/car, white male and female teen idols and groups along with standards and garage pop are gone. I now stream KFXM which is so much better, the soul, r&b and rhythmic music ruined a good thing.

No, KHJ is still broadcasting on 930 AM in Los Angeles. Liberman just sold it to IHR for just a little bit more than they paid for KMPH.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/131664/khj-los-angeles-sold

P.S. -- The KMPH Graffiti Gold programming will continue as Classic 1090 XERB with Wolfman Jack at least through 2015, which is as long as I have the rights.

Is this gone now? The KMPH840 website forwards to Immaculate Heart now.. And did not KHJ sell for $9.75 million? That's a bit more than Immaculate Heart paid for KMPH ($50,000) ?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom