• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kzxk 98.9 fm

fusejockey

Frequent Participant
Here we go again...KZXK has been off the air for about four days now. Anybody know how to notify Ted?

Back on the airwaves with the dvd player, Doney Park / Flagstaff, 98.9 KZXK. Thanks Ted...
Now about that 10,000 watt FM transmitter upgrade??? Ironbear, are you in the loop? ;)

Back on the airwaves with the dvd player, Doney Park / Flagstaff, 98.9 KZXK. Thanks Ted...
Now about that 10,000 watt FM transmitter upgrade??? Ironbear, are you in the loop? ;)

Definitely not in the loop, and currently wandering toward retirement.

Ted's Mt. Elden C3 upgrade is 540 W. at 2000' HAAT, or roughly equivalent to 25 KW at 328' HAAT. That one's got a nice combination of coverage and very low construction and operating costs.

20 years ago, I called Ted to ask him how much he wanted for his 1 KW, Mt. Elden 105.3 CP. Answer: $120K+, just to start.

I was bummed, KZXK was off-air this morning. Is this a regular occurrence? I always love listening to this station when in Sedona or Flag!

This thing has been so frequently "OFF & ON" recently, doesn't it seems pointless to continue the nonsense?

What's really going on with this intermittent Doney Park whatch-a-mi-callit??? These long term outages don't seem weather related.
In the past six months, KZXK is silent more frequently than it broadcasts any intelligence.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom