Hot 96.9 One Year On - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot 96.9 One Year On

WBQT Hot 96.9 has done so much in just little over a year. I hear it everywhere (in stores, construction sites, Mary Lou's coffee shop, etc) and most of my friends (24-33 age group or so) love the station, and think Jam'n is wack. I also have a diverse group of friends, caucasian, African American, Spanish, foreign etc. The mixshows are SOLID. Roy Barboza has improved quite a bit since the beginning last year. The main playlist is pretty good, could do without Lady Gaga though, heh. Otherwise they still have a strong urban lean and the mix sounds good. They have some great throwbacks like The Lox "Money Power and Respect" and 2Pac & Outlawz "Baby Don't Cry" in rotation. They recently added Chris Brown & Nicki Minaj "Love More" and Katy Perry & Juicy J "Dark Horse", which has done well on Rhythmic and Urban. Just listening to the midday mix. I just heard Nas & KRS-One. #1 on my presets. Jackson Blue was a GREAT addition, btw. They deserve the 4.0 rating they have. Imagine, the old talk format a year or two ago barely doing 1.8's.
    Last edited by Flashpoint922; 02-26-2014 at 01:27 PM.

More Trash Radio for Mindless Imbicles .

Peter Smyth is a sell out. But as an original Time Salesman who could expect more out of the CEO than looking after the Budweiser and acne cream accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    More Trash Radio for Mindless Imbicles .

Peter Smyth is a sell out. But as an original Time Salesman who could expect more out of the CEO than looking after the Budweiser and acne cream accounts.
    I listen to the station, so does that mean I'm a "mindless imbecile?" And it's spelled "IMBECILE" not "imbicle" (how ironic). How could you blame the CEO when the numbers were in the effing toilet when they were doing talk. They were doing 1.7's. Now they're at a 4.0. Sounds like you're out of the demo, and your post should just say "get off my lawn."

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint922 View Post
    I listen to the station, so does that mean I'm a "mindless imbecile?" And it's spelled "IMBECILE" not "imbicle" (how ironic). How could you blame the CEO when the numbers were in the effing toilet when they were doing talk. They were doing 1.7's. Now they're at a 4.0. Sounds like you're out of the demo, and your post should just say "get off my lawn."
    Hey, at least he didn't call the listeners "subhuman mongrels," like Ted "Get Off My Lawn or I'll Shoot You Dead" Nugent!

WBQT Hot 96.9 has done so much in just little over a year. I hear it everywhere (in stores, construction sites, Mary Lou's coffee shop, etc) and most of my friends (24-33 age group or so) love the station, and think Jam'n is wack
    I agree, I've noticed a number of radios turned into 96.9 also.

Unregistered
    big city 101.3 is 100% better

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    big city 101.3 is 100% better
    And 100% illegal too!

oh how i missed this sight hot 96.9 has come along way and I don't see them going anywhere so all you old crows get off my lawn lol
    tom in frraaanklinnnn

Unregistered
    big city 101.3 is the best out there. Who else plays Maxi Priest new song? Tell me who? touch 106.1 is also great. They cater to the community.
    Jill Strada ought to be ashamed of herself. She used to be an assistant boss at KISS 98.7. For someone who used to work at that station, and come here to boston, to put the same songs on that's on other stations. come on now

Maxi Priest hasn't released any new music in 7 years, and hasn't even charted on the R&B charts in over 18 years... doesn't that tell you that nobody's interested in Maxi Priest?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast