• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How do you get your radio sound ready for fm radio?

nyankee

Hi,

I run an online radio station from home, mainly latin top 40 music format. I want to start an FM radio in the future, but for now I love running my online radio station. Anyway, I have always wondered how the radio stations here in New York get that nice sound from their mic and music. After two years of research I started to build my set up, but I don’t know if I am doing it right. My current set up is as followed: (I pre record all my shows with this set-up)

Vocals for show chain: Daking Mic-Pre One preamp -> TLM 103 Mic (saw a dj use it on La Mega 97.9) -> aphex Channel processor -> focusrite pro 24 audio interface -> DAW

After I got my vocals recorded, I mix it with the music show and put everything together in ableton live. I heard someone on yourtube mention that the TC Electronic Finalizer Express was a good last touch for my show. I bought one and now route the complete show out of ableton to the TC Finalizer and run it back and then broadcast it.

Anyway, I improved my sound, but I am sure I can do better. I read that I could use an actual FM audio processor to make my show sound like an actual fm radio show. I looked into the Aphex 2020MKII and heard good things, but I am skeptical that it is old and discontinued. I started reading this forum and read about the optimod-Fm. I the optimod better than the aphex 2020MKIII? If so which should I get. I am willing to put in more money just to satisfy myself in getting that professional radio sound.

Please help me with advice on the equipment that I should get and what I should get rid of. Thank you!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom