• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRLD-FM 105.3 HD feeds?

Does anyone know if KRLD-FM has killed their HD feeds? I got an HD radio as a present a few weeks ago and had been listening to the HD2 simulcast of the AM side, but sometime last week I stopped being able to pick up any HD from them. Have they shut down the digital side?

Also noticed the same thing with KJKK 100.3 Jack FM and KBFB 97.9 The Beat. Could be technical issues. Though how can KJKK kill their HD signals if their online streams for "The Sound of The Strip" (100.3 HD2) and "The Indie-Verse" (100.3 HD3) are still going? If these stations are in the same tower, something is obviously up.

Just guessing...
Since KRLD-FM and KJKK transmit from the Richland North Tower in Cedar Hill, I'd guess both stations were on Aux transmitters at Richland South. Last I knew none of the CBS stations have HD Aux transmitters. It's most likely

(a) combiner maintenance
(b) master antenna maintenance or
(c) issues with either combiner or master antenna.

KMVK HD was also off the air....

Last edited:
"Though how can KJKK kill their HD signals if their online streams for "The Sound of The Strip" (100.3 HD2) and "The Indie-Verse" (100.3 HD3) are still going?"

The HD streams on the internet are feed directly from the automation not from the "air" feed.
So even if the transmitters are off-line the stream can continue...

Last edited:
The HD feeds on 105.3 are back. They had a piece of hardware fail (according to an e-mail I got from Gavin Spittle back in December) which required a custom replacement. They came back on around the end of January.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom