• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

i-101 -- moved to rhythmic hot ac

Zorn21

Regular Participant
That's what it seems like. I've listened for hours this week. Tons of 90s jams, 2k jams, heavy on recurrent rhythmic hits plus today's hits that are basically rhythmic. Haven't heard rock or pop for days. They keep weaving ***i-101, i-Party*** id's through regularly programming, not just during the i-Party Friday and Saturday night shows. Anyone else notice this?

Z

i-101

This is the music direction the station should have taken on day #1. Probably saw the success of similar stations in Seattle and Boston and decided to make the move.

However, if the station fails to surround its music with decent personality, much stronger imaging elements, and better promotions -- it will be for naught.

Everything about this station screams "low budget afterthought," including the web site.

From what I noticed, they are Rhythmic Hot AC from 5PM-5AM if that makes any sense. During the weekends, I think they leave it on all weekend.

Jeremy,
I thought that too but I'm beginning to think it's 24/7 or least moving that way. I also keep hearing them say "The New i-101". I only wish they would play as much 90s/2K dance as they do 90s/2K hip-hop. But this is definitely a good direction. I also agree with MarkW. It does sound low budget with DJs and imaging. But big props to bringing back Chicago mixmasters on the weekend. I find myself listening to this just as much as B-96 lately. Sounding better all the time.

Z

i-party sounds similar to a defunct Internet radio station also from Chicago - ipartyradio.com

The adjustment is working in my favor! I like the station again! I dropped off of it after the first month because most of the 90s tracks were dropped. But, I love Rhythmic AC, and will be tuning again!

Jeremy,
I thought that too but I'm beginning to think it's 24/7 or least moving that way. I also keep hearing them say "The New i-101". I only wish they would play as much 90s/2K dance as they do 90s/2K hip-hop. But this is definitely a good direction. I also agree with MarkW. It does sound low budget with DJs and imaging. But big props to bringing back Chicago mixmasters on the weekend. I find myself listening to this just as much as B-96 lately. Sounding better all the time.

Z
It's been "The New i101" since it launched. Time to dump it, guys.

Some stations use "New" for years. WUBT for example was "The New 103-5 The Beat" up until the last song they played before going CHR in 2001.
Audio of that: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/uunx7gynibogxsr/01 - WUBT-103.5 Flip 1-12-01 3-44PM.mp3

That same station was "The New Kiss 103.5" from January 2001 until September 2002, and "The New 103.5 KISS FM" from 2002 until 2004.

WXSS in Milwaukee was "The All New, All Hit 103.7 KISS FM" from 1998-2003.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom