• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBUC Buckhannon Programming Help ?

Steve Green NEPA

Star Participant
Swear to goodness : Just yesterday we were googling Elk River WV, vis-a-vis the movie Silence of The Lambs, and bringing up things such as Jodie Foster's bio, that city in Ohio, etc.

This sunset, while I was on 1460 trying to hear WGMF PA (northwest of Scranton), WBUC was atop the channel instead. Obviously they were the ones with the WV news, and with the spot for the Cafe Cimino in Sutton.

I didn;t hear any call letters .... and there were a few stations trying to play leapfrog, so there is some confusion. Further adding to the confusion was that one internet source lists WBUC as Oldies and one says News/Talk.

I did hear the Dave Ramsey Show loud, near the bottom of the hour (4:30PM). His affiliate scroll in WV lists WCHS 580 as the only AM station in the loop, though.

The newscast at the * bottom * of the hour mentioned, a few times, something like 'W-V - (?) dot com for more details. Then came the commercial for the Cafe Cimino.

Since WBUC is the only 1460 station listed for WV, undoubtedly they were the one I heard. I heard them one sunset on Long Island in the late Seventies. But are they News/Talk or Oldies ?
And where can I find this 'WV - something - dot com' ?

Cheers and thanks in advance from Anthracite Country PA :)

Have not even thought of this station in years. IIRC WV Radio uses WBUC to extend the "reach" of WAJR Morgantown. WAJR covers the Mountaineers extensively so a WV something web address is not that far out of place. WBUC, WBTQ, and WBRB, all city of lisence Buckhannon WV plus the ALL of the Elkins WV* commercial stations are owned by West Virginia Radio Corporation a part of Greer Industries (Newspaper / limestone company).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greer_Industries

The radio division's site:

http://www.greerindustries.com/radio.html

There should be some folks on this board that have worked WV Radio Corporation, that can give fill in any blanks.

* I know it is legal but for one company to control all the commercial outlets in two adjoining counties is a bit much IMHO, but the FCC considers Buckhannon part of the Clarksburg WV market so the Elkins stations don't count in any market cap formula. With current state of the Thermal Coal business, anything that can keep any businesses going in WV is a plus.

WBUC Format

At 5:45pm, on 10-26-14 I can recieve it on Elk River. Here near Charleston and it staticy but at times understandable. Its oldies! I promise.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom