• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KPTY Sold

101.7 in Cypress has plenty of things to do before it hits the air....get the antenna mounted, feedline hung, transmitter installed and tested, THEN a studio build and then a STL path either coordinated/licensed and gear purchased or some kind of IP or phone line circuit installed (and analog dry pairs are not cheap anymore!)...

KXXF probably needs to build some infrastructure as well. Where is their broadcast studio, for example? Not in Winnie or Beaumont, I'll bet. The tower location is poor for both markets and it should have never been built.

As for a classic rock format, that demo may work for Beaumont but we already can pick up 106.9 here quite well.

More like eight miles apart.

I would think KOER would be in stereo. Looking over the Rhema Gospel Radio website it appears they are music intensive.

I haven't heard of any LPFM's running HD subchannels; anyone know?

I don't know of any LPFMs running HD (too expensive for them)...but I was referring to analog subcarriers...(which RDS is one). Carrier desense is a big issue....regardless of what audio is present, a carrier 200kHz from another signal in an overlapping area will cause issues...the radio front end will be desensitized by such due to RF compression/overload of the front end amp...this is why the FCC spaces high power FM stations as they do...you can make 400kHz work depending on location...but one channel/200kHz is rough...I have been in areas where still in the 1mV area of a Class C and a nearby translator on the next channel with little audio blocks or slops over onto the Class C and the signals were probably the same level. I wish them luck.....but would have been better to have been 2 channels away from their nearest neighbor

Univision wanted to sell it...the former location on the beach was unusable...(look at 101.5 there as prime example)...so there was a battle to move it to Winnie..100.7 was re-licensed to Lumberton (originally Kountze!) and there's a laugh...100.7 has NEVER programmed for ANY of its COLs at all (except when it originally was on in Jasper before it was bought and moved). An app showed up proposing a 105.3 in Vinton, LA (to replace the one that had been moved to 104.9 and was moved north of Lake Charles, licensed to Moss Bluff due to the massive 104.9/105.3 realignment in Houston years ago!)....the Winnie app won out (since 100.7 was moved in its license and this left Winnie with no primary service...as if it needed any) and the current tower site was chosen as the best spot, though it throws a lot of RF over the Gulf!....however, it will never be a Houston station (which is where it was getting its programming under Univision)..A good classic Top40 station would be nice...KCOL needs some competition...

Last edited:
Problems at the transmitter site. KXF will return to the air shortly. Thanks for listening to Radio Free Texas!
radiofreetexas.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom