• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cumulus Launches "NASH Nights Live"

Cumulus Media Networks says, "the latest expansion of the NASH Country music and lifestyle brand with the launch of "NASH Nights Live" featuring host Shawn Parr (pictured)." The show will be distributed to stations nationwide and air on all 84 Cumulus Country stations. Co-COO John Dickey said, "This latest Country music offering from Cumulus Media Networks will provide our listeners and advertisers with in-demand NASH programming and we couldn't be more pleased to have a star of Shawn Parr's caliber leading the way."

More...

To my knowledge KJJY in Des Moines doesn't have a syndicated evening show, but I don't think they have a host either. KHKI in the same market has CMT Radio Live so they didn't put it on both stations. Interestingly this new show is supposed to go on All Cumulus Country Stations.

My question is... what happens to CMT Radio Live? Does it finally get taken behind the barn and...?

Last edited:
Cody Alan is taking over at Premier for Blair Garner and taking the CMT partnership with him.

Cody Alan is taking over at Premier for Blair Garner and taking the CMT partnership with him.

Cumulus didn't seem to mind letting him go.

I pity the people who now have to listen to his prerecorded shows for 10 straight hours.

Last edited:
All Cumulus-owned country stations will eventually operate out of a closet, and pump out more lousy "music."

Cody Alan used to be broadcasted on the big station in my area which is WIVK in Knoxville, but they eventually started broadcasting this Nash Nights Live show.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

WIVK is still "WIVK" but since it is owned by Cumucrap, it's got "Nash Nights Live". More Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan and Miranda Lambert for all 19-year-old countrypolitan listeners!
I also see that Nash has launched "Nash Icon" in several markets including Albuquerque on 96.3 KBZU. Cumucrap said the format would be the "biggest country artists of the last two decades, who are still recording and touring but not getting enough exposure today." In over 7 hours of looking at the playlist this early morning, they've aired two songs by George Strait, "Carrying Your Love with Me" and "I Can Still Make Cheyenne". Still waiting for "The Chair" and "Ace in the Hole" to be in rotation.

-crainbebo

I'll be sure to avoid WIVK like the plague in the evenings then. I think it's actually the Nash Icon stations that are playing 90s and the occasional 80s song. Nash is just playing country from the last few years or at least that's all they were playing when I tried to listen yesterday. Country from today causes me to want to throw something, so I couldn't stick around to find out what they were playing.

I apologize for double posting, but as per another post on this thread, just to let you know that Nash Icon just finished playng The Chair as I'm typing this.

WIVK is still "WIVK" but since it is owned by Cumucrap, it's got "Nash Nights Live". More Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan and Miranda Lambert for all 19-year-old countrypolitan listeners!
Miranda has done some garbage (the duet with Carrie, "Gunpowder and Lead" and "Kerosene") , but she's mostly traditional. She's not really one of the offenders.

Exactly. She's not hard core traditional, but she can be, and she's not that pop stuff that has to tel you it's country by using every country music stereotype known to man.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom