• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM transmitter Log

This could be for FM too, however this relates to three AM stations. I'm taking care of three 50KW am stations. Two share a site and the other is a half mile away. Two are DA-2 one is DA-1. I'm trying to come up with a common log for all three. Logging/PM duties would be done in three levels. Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly.

Weekly would be transmitter reading and faults, antenna ratio and phase(both modes), transmission line pressure, remote control alarms, audio path check main/backup/modulation, check UPS status. Basic building visual inspection, check operation of air handling. Tower lights

Monthly - Check HVAC filters, inspect belts, inspect tower bases log base currents, tower hut temperature. Check fire suppression. Test/check generator, log fuel. Depending on your location you may have at least eight things to log and check with regards to diesel fuel. sweep floor.

Quarterly - Dust out Phaser ATU Inspection, Dust/clean transmitter. Mop floor if it's a mess. Bathroom/water system if you have one (got two).
I know some station may be more of a monthly situation. What's the "normal" are there any groups with specific routines?
If you have a log/inspection lay out you like can you share it?

Don't call it a "log." Call it maintenance notes. The actual "log" should only have tower light checks, and periodic notes on tower inspections.
If you have relatively stable patterns--and still do monitor points--record those monthly. This is what you show the Commission if they come calling and ask to see the "station logs."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom