• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Birminghams Peach Hires Bob Lochamy to Host Sunday Sports Show

Just an intemperate thought that has nothing to do with radio or this story, but they can't even be bothered to get the call letters right? That should tell you how shoddy journalism has become. So when you read a story that's regular news and not radio-related, think back to all the mis-quotes, clerical errors and outright screwups you've read over the years and apply that every story you read. You'll never trust news media again.

As to this story, why would a reasonably successful rimshot oldies station decide to add sports talk programming? The Birmingham area is awash in mediocre sports programming from multiple outlets. Why would you open a K*B Toys next door to a Toys R Us?

I noticed the same thing about the call letters, too.

My guess is, Lochamy, Lindenberg et al, are paying for the airtime. I've got to admit I'm not excited about this. I'd rather listen to Goddard's Gold or Dick Bartley, or whatever they've been running on late Sunday afternoons.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom