• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas and XLO

U

Unregistered

Well,now that WWBB AND WWLI have flipped when is ror srs or xlo going to flip. Also I noticed a few 70s songs in the playlist from Michael Jackson ,Hall and Oates, Whitney Houston and even she's a bad mama jama. They definitely put more top 40 songs on and,lately....... EDM MUSIC!? I don't know but they don't sound AC ANYMORE but have plenty of past millennia material from 70s and 80s that you wouldn't hear on hot AC.what is this format and why did they change the beautifully unique AC to a crappy top 40 less 80s overplayed **** we don't want to hear? WE WANT THE OLD WXLO BACK!

I don't really know what you're getting at, but I don't think WXLO is going to flip to all Christmas. And also, WXLO is Hot AC, not mainstream AC. They were a mainstream AC at one point in time, way back in 1996 or so, but started to move towards hot AC shortly after that. And they do not currently play anything from the 70s, but they still play a lot of 80s music, which a lot of hot AC stations such as WBMX and WSNE have dropped. But I have to say that for a hot AC station, WXLO is sounding pretty good. It's mostly live and local, from what I can tell. What exactly about it don't you like?

Well,now that WWBB AND WWLI have flipped when is ror srs or xlo going to flip. Also I noticed a few 70s songs in the playlist from Michael Jackson ,Hall and Oates, Whitney Houston and even she's a bad mama jama. They definitely put more top 40 songs on and,lately....... EDM MUSIC!? I don't know but they don't sound AC ANYMORE but have plenty of past millennia material from 70s and 80s that you wouldn't hear on hot AC.what is this format and why did they change the beautifully unique AC to a crappy top 40 less 80s overplayed **** we don't want to hear? WE WANT THE OLD WXLO BACK!

Who exactly are "we?" You, you and you?

I remember WXLO being Hot AC at least up to the late 90's, but even today they are Hot AC.

Well,now that WWBB AND WWLI have flipped when is ror srs or xlo going to flip.
!

-WSRS has gone through so many changes in the last few months with air personalities, you never know what they might do. They have a new PD/midday guy (Kevin Johnson); new morning show co-host (Suzanne Lewis); new afternoon drive guy (Chris Zito pulling double duty after his Springfield morning show); an actual morning (maybe afternoon too, don't know) traffic reporter (Jeannie Grant?) rather than having Greg or Suzanne do the report; and an actual news person (John Baymont?) doing quickie news updates rather than having Greg or Suzanne reading the news.

-As already discussed in another thread, WROR will not flip. They didn't flip last year except for the 7pm-8pm hour when Santa (Paul Perry) hosted kiddie callins. Otherwise, it was just sprinkling in 4 Christmas tunes per hour.

They are using CC's Total Traffic Network now for the traffic reports. I would imagine it is AM & PM drive. Clear Channel co-owned WTAG-AM recently switched to these reports, also.

I posted about it on the Massachusetts board -
http://radiodiscussions.com/showthr...CC-s-Total-Traffic-Network-in-AM-amp-PM-Drive

As for John Baibak, he is from the Springfield Clear Channel cluster. He started doing the news updates the same time they began using the CC traffic reports. The market manager who I believe oversees both clusters probably figured John would sound more local than having the news piped in from their New York state hub. The NY hub still handles the news updates the rest of the day on the AM side.

Yup, got out of work about 6:30, turned on the car, WSRS was on the radio because that's the station I happened to be listening to when I got to work (WROR must have been in commercials or something), and heard "Do You Hear What I Hear". I'd say the entire surrounding neighborhood heard me scream. WSRS is usually right in synch with WZID with Delilah at night but WZID is not playing Christmas music, they are still in format. Goodbye WSRS until...oh....I'll say December 26th or so.

Their website says 100% Christmas music. They do carry syndicated weekend shows from Tom Kent and Jim Brickman. I'm guessing those shows have separately taped formats for the stations that have flipped; otherwise, they'll probably be temporarily dropped until January much the way WODS used to drop Barry Scott's Lost 45s for a few weeks.

Not to be nitpicky, but most of those artists are from the 80s and not the 70s.

How's this for an early Christmas start..when did 2 stations in Boston flip to all Yule in 2008?

On Thurday November 6!
http://bostonradio.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

>>(by me) Thursday, November 06, 2008- Earlier today WROR FM 105.7
shifted to an all-Yule format and WODS FM 103.3 quickly followed suit.
These stations, owned by Greater Media and CBS respectively, know that
their ratings spike when they go to all Christmas every year and apparently
each wanted to be the first; well, when WROR shifted, WODS immediately
followed suit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom