• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDMX '102.9 Now' in Mono...

In the past week or so, I noticed that KDMX 102.9 Now isn't broadcasting in stereo. At first, I thought it was just a certain song, but when I stuck around, it was the entire broadcast in mono. Even their HD1 signal is in mono as well.

Anyone else noticed?

LOL! Can't imagine Rush Radio 102.9, especially with Limbaugh reupping with WBAP and Cumulus and Hannity going to 660. Plus, 102.9 Now is the second highest cuming station in the market and a consistently high finisher.

The last time I heard a station's transmitter flip from mono to stereo broadcast, the station itself flipped formats from news/talk to music (hip-hop) shortly there after.
If it's only the broadcast that's in mono and not the transmitter's output, maybe it's technical problems.

@Triple Fake Jerry nice one. LOL

It is highly possible that KDMX is having technical problems. Though yes, I did hear a little interference in stereo. Could be missing a Left or Right audio connection...or an accidental flip of the switch. Has happened before with KBFB 97.9 The Beat back in early 2002.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom