• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FCC ratchets up fine on Florida pirate

The standard fine for operating in the FM band without a license if $10K, but the spectrum buccaneer collared 6/25/13 by FCC agents was an experienced broadcaster and well aware of the rules – and for that his penalty was quite a bit stiffer.

More...

I don't get it. Sounds like he basically set himself up for it by telling the agents all that. Why bother mentioning you worked in the industry?

LOL. One good rule of thumb when dealing with the authorities.....SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH. Don't tell them anything that they don't need to know. You have a right to remain silent....use it. I know from (very limited) experience (yeah, I'm a law-abiding citizen) that THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS, especially in South Florida.

Percentage wise, $15K does not really qualify as "quite a bit stiffer" than $10K.
Also, they can ask for anything, but he will most likely just lose any FCC licenses that he holds.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom