• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Think of NASH as the ESPN of Country Music

Radio Ink Buzz Stream

Star Participant
2014 is expected to be the big national rollout year for Cumulus' NASH Country brand. Part of the reason for waiting another quarter is the expected close of Westwood One. That would allow Cumulus to roll all of its Country network products into the NASH brand, which will include everything from magazines to radio shows to merchandising. And platform buys for advertisers. There will be a lot of experimenting with the NASH brand in 2014, including subscription model for the magazine which the company hopes to get into Target, Wal-Mart and other stores across the country.

More...

2014 is expected to be the big national rollout year for Cumulus' NASH Country brand. Part of the reason for waiting another quarter is the expected close of Westwood One. That would allow Cumulus to roll all of its Country network products into the NASH brand, which will include everything from magazines to radio shows to merchandising. And platform buys for advertisers. There will be a lot of experimenting with the NASH brand in 2014, including subscription model for the magazine which the company hopes to get into Target, Wal-Mart and other stores across the country.

More...
Target doesn't play music. And I hope that continues.

I don't go to Wal-Marts as a rule, although I have bought my last two lawn mowers from there.

Wow! Everything to make a 22-year-old countrypolitan listener happy. And probably Taylor Swift on repeat as well...

-crainbebo

There will be a lot of experimenting with the NASH brand in 2014, including subscription model for the magazine which the company hopes to get into Target, Wal-Mart and other stores across the country.
Target doesn't play music. And I hope that continues.

It's the magazine they want to get into Target.

More...

So it will be style over substance, jingoistic catch phrases and ad nauseum repeats...sounds like country radio on ANY station in America

I got to hear a Nash station today and IMO it was horrible. I don't like modern country except for a few songs here and there, and...that was literally all they played, and some of the worst of today's country *shudder*. The sad thing is that that station used to play both modern and classic country, although it started slowly phasing out the classic. Now it's just depressing.

Modern country is depressing because IMO it's so horribly bad. It makes me stabby whenever I hear it.

I don’t understand why Cumulus has both Nash and Nash Icon in the same market. The formats are too much alike. Wouldn’t one cannibalize the other for ratings numbers?

I don’t understand why Cumulus has both Nash and Nash Icon in the same market. The formats are too much alike. Wouldn’t one cannibalize the other for ratings numbers?

Huh? I listened to Icon the other day and heard Glen Campbell, John Anderson, and The Judds. When was the last time you heard any of them on a hot country station?

Latter two - probably 4 years ago. KDBL here in Yakima used to have about 25 70s/80s C/W songs in their lineup, but the closest they get now, just like all the REST of the so called "country" stations is "Check Yes or No" from 1995 (George Strait). Glen Campbell much longer than 4 years, probably closer to 8.

-crainbebo

I heard a really bad country song last night and don't know what it was in order to post on the appropriate thread. But I did like the station ID.

It went something like, "We are the spirit of the Carolinas. And you can't do that from a Manhattan skyscraper."

Their competition is Nash, though the station I was hearing is 100,000 watts with a 2000-foot tower and Nash is 25,000 watts and 300 feet.

This is probably old news but I was surprised when I tuned in to the Country stations on Music Choice and they all have the Nash or Nash Icon logo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom