• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Big Change at 106.7 as the Kimmer Arrives

RoddyFreeman

Walk of Fame Participant
The Kimmer will be taking over the noon-3 shift on "All-News" 106.7 on November 4. There will still be news, weather, traffic and business reports, but the Kimmer will be doing a talk show and taking calls from listeners. His old team will be back, including Jim Gossett (on the newsmaker line) and Pete "Snake" Davis.

The Kimmer will be taking over the noon-3 shift on "All-News" 106.7 on November 4. There will still be news, weather, traffic and business reports, but the Kimmer will be doing a talk show and taking calls from listeners. His old team will be back, including Jim Gossett (on the newsmaker line) and Pete "Snake" Davis.

"All-News" experiment officially ends.

No Obamacare weasels on this Marine's watch.

I don't fully see this as a change from full-time news programming, per se. In fact, a few months ago I said that Jennifer Perry needed to be more creative and this is it! What happens to talented people like John Lisk?

This weekend, they added another hour of paid programming from 11pm to Midnight...it's hosted by former Rock 100.5 jock Mike Jones and different Atlanta "attractions" buy time on the program.

Headlines, traffic and weather book-ending opinion/talk is groundbreaking.

Amazed no one else is formatting it in the market.

1) If there's a big signal/format shuffle at Dickey/Cumulus it sounds like AN will not be going away, but wouldn't preclude a move to, say, 100.5.

2) I could see this working...I would guess that noon-3 is probably the worst performing daypart from AM to PM drive and could use a boost. Might be a good alternative to Rush for those who don't care for wall-to-wall talk. Kimmer has always done his show with interruptions for news, traffic, wx, sports, financial, etc. and could probably do it better than most talk show hosts out of the box. You certainly couldn't do that with a syndicated show.

3) Will the Glorious Leslie Dove be returning?

I find it hard to believe that an All News station is bringing back Kim Peterson. I find the Kimmer entertaining, but his show on WGST was entertainment. It's not an engaging discussion of news and events. Hope they keep John Lisk and Cheryl Castro. They're better than the morning crew. What really needs adjusting, from a listeners perspective, is the 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. slot.

If anyone else posted this, I'd say they were full of it. But Roddy did. So I'm guessing it's true. Roddy, didn't you just do a feature piece on Kimmer recently? I thought he was saying how he was enjoying retirement.

Let it be known that on April 1, 2013, caller10 was 1 mhz off predicting the return of "The Kimmer". And a reply by a "gnd" was "Obviously it is (a joke). The mention of the Kimmer cements it. If he had left this part out, it would have been more believable. Unfortunately I wish most of it was true. I want oldies and soft rock back on the air.

WWVA Atlanta To End Stunting as Radio 105.7; Flips to Peach 105.7 @ 9AM Monday

CCM+E has had us 'fooled'. Turns out WWVA-F-WWLG/ATLANTA flip from Top 40/Rhythmic (WILD 105.7 & 96.7) to Alternative (RADIO 105.7) is simply a stunt. A permanent flip to Soft AC happens Monday morning at 9 as PEACH 105.7, kicking off 105 minutes of soft rock favorites with PEACH 105.7's '105 at 9'.

"Our goal is to offer ATLANTA listeners a different genre of music to fill the void left by COX B98.5's (WSB-FM ATLANTA) move from traditional soft rock," CLEAR CHANNEL/ATLANTA Pres. MATT SCARANO said. “The area is home to Talk, Hip-Hop, Country, Top 40 and Classic Hits formats, but PEACH 105.7 will bring soft rock music back to ATLANTA – which is something our listeners are currently missing. In particular PEACH 105.7 will focus on our exclusive '105 at 9', that's 105 minutes of continuous soft rock to start your work day every weekday morning at nine. This will be a critical focus point of our positioning and marketing, and we intend to remind PEACH 105.7 listeners of this countless times during the day.”

PEACH 105.7's on-air lineup consists of heavyweight Atlanta personalities:

5-9a – RANDY & SPIFF
9a-2p – ALPHA TRIVETTE
2p-7p – STEVE MCCOY
7p-12a DELIIAH

KIM PETERSON (known as "THE KIMMER”) will also be joining PEACH 105.7, providing content in the mornings, and early/late afternoons patterned after the late PAUL HARVEY.

Your point? Obviously it was a joke. If Kimmer does come back this time, then I will be listening to the show for Pete davis. He was a very good commentator and I loved his sole shows. Almost as good as Mark Arum

Hearing that the "All News" name will remain on the station even though 106.7 is shifting to a more "news radio" sound with the addition of the Kimmer and Braves baseball. The reason? All advertisements on Fox 5 with the "Atlanta's Local News Team" slogan contain the All News name.

I'll say this..I'd much rather hear The Kimmer than Cheryl Castro's extremely high-pitched news reading. I guess they'll be kept around though to do top/bottom hour news updates. It amazes me that some of you (*ahem* clearly just wanting to knock AN106.7 down) wanted All News to do something different like adding Kim Peterson. They do it, and you find more problems to complain about. Calm down and just watch.

Now this is getting confusing and a bit unbelievable.

I did not hear the announcement on 680 The Fan at 5:30. Is there a link to it somewhere?

Sorry to lose the all news block at noon; that's when I catch up on things during lunch break at work.

But the Petersonn will not be the same with Keith Kaland and traffic.

Sorry to lose the all news block at noon; that's when I catch up on things during lunch break at work.

But the Petersonn will not be the same with Keith Kaland and traffic.

The noon hour could be like Boortz from 8:30 to 9 where Boortz only got 5 words in edgewise against Scott Slade et al.

And its official----http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs/buzz/2013/oct/22/kimmer-returns-atlanta-radio/

I think the intentions of Jennifer Perry and Cumulus corporate are pretty clear with their Kimmer/Braves additions. They want to find a halfway-decent way to increase cume without having to be annoying. Braves come with a set audience. Kimmer also comes with a loyal audience, and is informative without being boring.

I also believe WSB may see a departure of longtime listeners from 12-3 for two reasons:
1) Kim Peterson is a well known LOCAL host on the radio.
2) Many older people who, for lack of a better term, are stuck with Rush Limbaugh for that time, will probably enjoy a local discussion from a local host more than Rushbo's heavy political right-wing talk. Kimmer's been given a directive to stay mostly local.

This addition is really no different than what KOMO Newsradio in Seattle did a few years back with right-of-center John Carlson and left-of-center Bill Rice. They called it "Newsline" and let listeners call in. No inflamed, Hannity-like, "in your face" commentary. I think PD Perry is probably wanting the same thing. It should also be noted that she used to be a member of the Kimmer show in the early-2000s as a sidekick and newsreader.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom