• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chicago Radio Ratings: September 2013

pjc1961

Star Participant
Chicago: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb005

Overall age 6+ publicly released data for Nielsen Audio subscribing stations for the September 2013 survey period covering Thu. 8/15/13-Wed. 9/11/13.
Next survey period will be for October 2013 (covering Thu. 9/12/13-Wed. 10/9/13) with the data release date being Mon. 10/28/13.

AllAccess PPM Ratings Analysis with demo breakouts for September 2013 (scroll down for Chicago):
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...rch-director-inc-presents-exclusive-sept-ppm-

Unrelated to Chicago (yet) but NASH FM in New York isn't so far what it's been hyped up to be. Ratings are nothing special. Going down if anything in the 6+ and I'm not seeing them near the top of key demos.

Here in Chicago, very little has changed. Some ups, some downs.

V-103 owns the market with a mass appeal Urban AC format. You have your African-Americans, Hispanics and Whites who listen.
WBBM owns the market with news.

WKSC has made some changes for the better. They evened out the playlist to make it less rhythmic leaning. They added a positioner "Chicago's Hit Music Station" and got a new voice guy. The flow is smoother and it sounds better to listen to. Yes, little things like that CAN help the ratings.

Again, WTMX owns the demos as always. Eric & Kathy, and like WVAZ, mass appeal.

Also, huge gains for XRT.

Re:

Unrelated to Chicago (yet) but NASH FM in New York isn't so far what it's been hyped up to be. Ratings are nothing special. Going down if anything in the 6+ and I'm not seeing them near the top of key demos.

WKSC has made some changes for the better. They evened out the playlist to make it less rhythmic leaning. They added a positioner "Chicago's Hit Music Station" and got a new voice guy. The flow is smoother and it sounds better to listen to. Yes, little things like that CAN help the ratings.

Again, WTMX owns the demos as always. Eric & Kathy, and like WVAZ, mass appeal.

Also, huge gains for XRT.

I really enjoyed WKSC the last time I was in town. I agree that the station sounds better. It's a straight-down-the-middle CHR music wise these days. Maybe these recent tweaks will pull some minor numbers away from The Mix?

Fred is doing a great job in the morning. Dumping Drex was the right move.

I think that's the goal with what they are doing now, and it seems to be working. They also re named the morning show from "Brotha Fred's Neighborhood" to "Fred + Angi In The Morning"

would love to see XRT move up even more. Tight in radio land. Also Fred and Angi....huh?

Could cc do what they did in Atlanta a few years ago and flip the Ac to Country In chicago ?

how much longer are you just going to Use 93.9 for christmas music and then have the Whole Listening audience Vanish after the holidays ?

Why would you say its not as likely Jeremy? In many cities ACs / Hot AC's / and Top 40 are all pretty much the same. Some markets have 5 or more stations where you can hear Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, and all the others. In some situations it might make sense don't ya think? Depending on the market country can and has proven to be strong with W25-54 as well. I think in markets where there are fewer country stations and more outlets offering a mainstream Pop mix it might be the right thing to do.

Could cc do what they did in Atlanta a few years ago and flip the Ac to Country In chicago ?

I wish someone would give US 99.5 some competition. They sound awful. Wont happen, though, which is too bad.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom