• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week - 91.3 Mhz

Buckeyes2001

Star Participant
What do you all get on 91.3 FM?

Here in Vermilion, OH it is a pretty solid WGTE/Toledo with NPR and Classical music. Go east about 15 miles or so and you'll also get WAPS/Akron mixing in.

In downtown Houston, it's translator K217GB simulcasting 91.7 KUHA airing Classical. 99 watts at 184 feet.

Up here in north Houston, as it is in Bellville, it is KPVU Prairie View, TX airing R&B. 31kW at 421 feet.

In Marysville, WA it's a mix of KBCS Bellevue, WA and CJZN Victoria, BC. I don't think I've had any E-skip here yet.

In Yakima, WA it's a weak KGTS Walla Walla WA.

In Portland, OR it's just KOPB slop.

-crainbebo

Allendale, MI: All local WCSG Grand Rapids
Manistee, MI: A weak WRMW Peshtigo, WI. WSTM Kiel, WI occasionally breaks through with the rare WCSG. There is a 50kW local 30 miles away on 91.1 which hurts 91.3

In northern VA, I get a weak WTRM Winchester, VA, about 60 miles away with religion; the station now has a construction permit to downgrade its power and move to 91.1. No opportunity to hear any DX on this frequency though.

South central CT: WWUH West Hartford, about 20 miles away, with a variety of musical specialty shows from the University of Hartford. No DX opportunities here.

In downtown Houston, it's translator K217GB simulcasting 91.7 KUHA airing Classical. 99 watts at 184 feet.

Up here in north Houston, as it is in Bellville, it is KPVU Prairie View, TX airing R&B. 31kW at 421 feet.

East of Houston, its KVLU (Lamar University)....which was the 1st station in the BPT market to run HD...but they have turned it off.....(they had spurs up and down the dial at every channel for 3 channels in each direction..though they swore they didnt....another engineer who drove through the area on the way back to Baton Rouge confirmed, YES they did...so did my IFR 1500!).....

In Pickerington, Ohio, it's WOUB out of Athens with a decent signal in many areas. WOUB can be heard surprisingly well on a car radio around the Columbus area; surprisingly only because Athens is a good 60 miles southeast of me, and I am 10 miles east of downtown Columbus, plus the terrain between here and Athens is anything but flat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom