• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

looking for old newscasts

Hey guys, I'm a graduate student at the University of Missouri School of Journalism, and I need some help. I'm working on a study of radio news content over time, and I need some newscasts (major market) from the late 1990's. I'm looking for complete newscasts from regular days (not 9-11 type, breaking news days, just regular old daily newscasts). I'm having a hell of a time finding this stuff; seems nobody archives radio news. So, I'm hoping one or more of you who may have been in the business during that time period might have some tapes or transcripts tucked away in a closet somewhere. I'd really appreciate being able to access these. I'll gladly pay any expenses (copying, mailing, etc...). PLEASE HELP!! -- Thanks, Dan Claxton

northgaradio,
Thanks for your reply, it sounds like you have just what I need. I'm looking for LOCAL newscasts, like the ones that typically follow the top of the hour network cast. The 1999-2000 time frame is spot-on perfect. I need about 10 complete newscasts if possible (weather and sports, too, if they are included). If you can help me out, I'll be forever in your debt, and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, the beer is on me! Of course, if you incur any expenses (copying, discs, mail, etc...), I'll gladly cover them. If you can send the casts electronically, that would be even better. I tried to send you a personal reply through the board, but since I just joined last week, it wouldn't let me. You can contact me by email at [email protected]. Thank you so much -- Dan Claxton, Univ. of MO.

Hey guys, I'm a graduate student at the University of Missouri School of Journalism, and I need some help. I'm working on a study of radio news content over time, and I need some newscasts (major market) from the late 1990's. I'm looking for complete newscasts from regular days (not 9-11 type, breaking news days, just regular old daily newscasts). I'm having a hell of a time finding this stuff; seems nobody archives radio news. So, I'm hoping one or more of you who may have been in the business during that time period might have some tapes or transcripts tucked away in a closet somewhere. I'd really appreciate being able to access these. I'll gladly pay any expenses (copying, mailing, etc...). PLEASE HELP!! -- Thanks, Dan Claxton
https://soundcloud.com/julius-may/wcau-1210-am-4-20-90

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom