• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wpht-am 1210

J

Jul

What changes would you make, if you was running 1210 WPHT-AM to improve the ratings and cume?

I'd reduce costs, since getting ratings and cume is a lost cause for ANY talk radio in Philly, regardless of political bent. If they're not making money, they could with less expensive programming.

This is all assuming the programming they have now isn't cheap and they're not already making money. If they're making money, then I'd just be satisfied with whatever ratings they're getting.

IF AND ONLY IF THEY CAN GET RUSH AND HANNITY CHEAP, I'd bring them back. If it costs too much, I wouldn't bother.

I'd reduce costs, since getting ratings and cume is a lost cause for ANY talk radio in Philly, regardless of political bent. If they're not making money, they could with less expensive programming.

This is all assuming the programming they have now isn't cheap and they're not already making money. If they're making money, then I'd just be satisfied with whatever ratings they're getting.

IF AND ONLY IF THEY CAN GET RUSH AND HANNITY CHEAP, I'd bring them back. If it costs too much, I wouldn't bother.

I'm glad to see you acknowledge that even El Rushbo is affect by the price-demand curve, and that Premiere will have to play "let's make a deal" to keep Rush cleared in most markets.

Most markets? No. In most markets, they'll put him on their own station. Philly, however, doesn't have that option. So they'll probably cut the price a bit. No big deal. It's more of a PR thing than anything, since he never drew huge numbers in Philly anyway.

In most markets, Rush has been carried on a station owned by someone other than Clear Channel.
In most markets where Clear Channel owns stations, they do not have a station running right-wing talk.
Clear Channel, controlled by Bain Capital, is not likely to flip stations from other formats with better demos and content more acceptable to major advertisers to accommodate Rush. Contrary to his own beliefs and those of his groupies, the world does not revolve around Rush. Not even Clear Channel's revenues revolve around Rush. He just not that damn important.
Admittedly, Rush has sufficient mass that a small asteroid might revolve around him.
There is still some question of whether Rush's mass can affect tides.

In most markets, Rush has been carried on a station owned by someone other than Clear Channel.
In most markets where Clear Channel owns stations, they do not have a station running right-wing talk.
Clear Channel, controlled by Bain Capital, is not likely to flip stations from other formats with better demos and content more acceptable to major advertisers to accommodate Rush. Contrary to his own beliefs and those of his groupies, the world does not revolve around Rush. Not even Clear Channel's revenues revolve around Rush. He just not that damn important.
Admittedly, Rush has sufficient mass that a small asteroid might revolve around him.
There is still some question of whether Rush's mass can affect tides.

You really want people to think you know what you're talking about, don't you?

You really want people to think you know what you're talking about, don't you?

I understand Rush pays people to post flattery about him on message boards. How much do you get for each of these Rush-is-great, Rush-is-wonderful, anybody-who-doesn't-love-Rush-is-wrong posts?

Be sure to let us know if you ever make it to a medium market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom