• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"New Jersey 101.5" in HD ..

Are they programming one or more sub-channels?

It would be great to have weekend Oldies all week long.

Funny here in Center City Philly the 4 out of area HD's I receive loud and clear are WJBR(no side), WSTW, WPRB and WKVP, they are like locals, in fact, WPRB is by far the strongest along with WJBR, but I cannot receive WKXW's HD and this is with top notch equipment. I just hope they don't waste their HD like WJBR is doing for over 4 years with no side, when they get in gear. I know a few years back WPST was toying with going HD and making their HD-2 Alternative but that never materialized..

As of a few hours ago, it is in HD. It seems quieter than the main analog though. Plus there is no real difference from HD and analog in time like some other stations. Here is a pic from my Insignia Portable HD Radio, http://imageshack.us/a/img194/2608/mzd2.jpg.

How far are you as the crow flies from their antenna 295/95/route1, I can pull in WPRB HD-1-2 at this moment with no problem but for some reason I cannot receive 101.5 in HD, I guess I am around 30-35 miles from their site, which WPRB transmits from also.

How far are you as the crow flies from their antenna 295/95/route1, I can pull in WPRB HD-1-2 at this moment with no problem but for some reason I cannot receive 101.5 in HD, I guess I am around 30-35 miles from their site, which WPRB transmits from also.

I was going through NJ, and caught this. In NYC, there's the 101.5 pirate, along with the 20+ other pirates, so I could barely get it there. Picture was taken about 20 miles NE of Trenton. In terms of highway, the signal was in HD locked until the area of Exit 10 of the NJ-Turnpike.

I can't get WPRB at all here in Toms River ..
But, 101.5's HD locks right in for me ..

I can't get WPRB at all here in Toms River ..
But, 101.5's HD locks right in for me ..

Well WKXW's signal is quite a bit stronger than WPRB's, so that explains it.

LOL and here in Center City its just the opposite, I receive 101.5 crystal clear in stereo but no HD, WPRB and the small power WKVP are loud and clear with HD-1 and 2. How is your reception of WJBR they have the strongest HD signal IMHO, although no sides, if that has anything to do with it...but I guess 50kw makes their HD 500w, which is not too shabby. One day last month I did receive sojo in HD.

LOL and here in Center City its just the opposite, I receive 101.5 crystal clear in stereo but no HD, WPRB and the small power WKVP are loud and clear with HD-1 and 2. How is your reception of WJBR they have the strongest HD signal IMHO, although no sides, if that has anything to do with it...but I guess 50kw makes their HD 500w, which is not too shabby. One day last month I did receive sojo in HD.

I don't get WJBR either ..
I get WBAI on 99.5 ..

NJ101.5 has the worst HD Radio installation I've ever seen or heard.

No HD2/HD3 channels... so what's the point?
No PAD text data... while they used to have RDS text (do they still? I don't have any non-HD RDS radios to check).
Processing sounds the same between analog and digital.
They have not updated the hourly ID to include "WXKW-HD", and otherwise no mentions of being HD Radio on the air anywhere.

And finally... NO STEREO on either the digital or ANALOG audio anymore! They still have the FM Stereo indicator lit, but the audio is now completely mono. The reverb, "newsroom" sound effects, commercials, and station IDs, all of which used to be in stereo, are now monaural.

Here at the opposite end of Ocean County, 101.5's HD signal is quite poor and their analog signal also seems degraded, frequently stopping the "ST" indicator on my car radio.

From Ship Bottom along Rt. 72 to the Parkway I couldn't get a lock on 101.5's HD signal for more than 2 seconds at a time.

In the Manahawkin/LBI area, on my car radio I get:
WSJO's HD 100% of the time with no drop outs
WJRZ's HD 100% of the time with no drop outs
WWNJ's HD about 50% of the time
WPRB's HD about 25% of the time
WMMR's HD about 10% of the time
WBEB's HD about 10% of the time
WIP's HD about 10% of the time

on the AM side (daytime), I get:
WPHT about 75% of the time
WOR about 75% of the time (when it is on)
KYW about 50% of the time
WFAN about 50% of the time (when it is on)
WCBS about 50% of the time (when it is on)
WIP about 25% of the time

Also, since it was discussed previously in the thread, here in Southern Ocean County I get WJBR fairly well in analog on 99.5 but never locked their HD signal in this area but I do get their call letters to show up on my radio nearly every time I tune to 99.5.

I can finally receive them here in Center City, but WKVP and WPRB sound so much better and are easier to bring in and have subs. I just hope they don't pull the WJBR deal, being in HD for 4 years with no subs, now that is a waste, why go HD if you are not going to have sub-channels. I remember the JBR GM responding to me, saying they had no money to have subs and HD is not catching on, but in the same market WSTW which has 2 subs and a small college station WVUD has a 1 sub are existing. BTW WSTW HD-2 G-radio sounds like a regular FM station with jocks, commercials, weather, news and music updates, just wish they were main stream Alternative, I really do not understand the format they have now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom