• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Afternoon Drive on WMMS

radioboardstar

New Participating Member
* The user that goes by babyfishmouth posted some major inaccuracies with Arbitron ratings for the Alan Cox Show on WMMS saying the show hasn't slipped in demos since the release of Chad Zumock. If you are able to read Arbitron it shows that it clearly has *

Last edited by a moderator:
While it may or may not have slipped, it is still one of the top PM drive shows in town.

WMMS has struck gold with their Rover/Cox/Tribe/rock mancave format (credit also being given also to the departed Maxwell and Browns)

Could some people have turned it off after Zumock left...of course.

But they're still doing well.

Glad that the ACS is still doing good in the ratings, but I still think less or even no Erika (I'm personally not a fan of her getting more airtime) would make the show better and stronger.

The YouTube videos post-Zumock have been a bit lacking too. They could also use a shot in the arm. I'd love to see Alan, Bill and a new, stonger sounding female make a good team for the show. It can be a lot better.

Glad that the ACS is still doing good in the ratings, but I still think less or even no Erika (I'm personally not a fan of her getting more airtime) would make the show better and stronger.

The YouTube videos post-Zumock have been a bit lacking too. They could also use a shot in the arm. I'd love to see Alan, Bill and a new, stonger sounding female make a good team for the show. It can be a lot better.
The ratings have slipped in a few demos since Zumock departed and Rover continues to be a powerhouse for that station in the mornings. The show is lacking with Erika getting more airtime and Bill Squire is not a good fit for the show or even broadcasting in general.

With Zumock filling in on WNIR this week, I'm curious if he'll say anything about WMMS and Cox. He doesn't seem to want anything to do with Alan anymore. I don't blame him after he (Cox) revealed he wanted Chad gone.

I don't think I would be surprised if Alan ever leaves 'MMS. He might be looking to move on to a bigger market, and I don't think he wants to spend a lifetime in Cleveland. We have to see.

With Zumock filling in on WNIR this week, I'm curious if he'll say anything about WMMS and Cox. He doesn't seem to want anything to do with Alan anymore. I don't blame him after he (Cox) revealed he wanted Chad gone.

I don't think I would be surprised if Alan ever leaves 'MMS. He might be looking to move on to a bigger market, and I don't think he wants to spend a lifetime in Cleveland. We have to see.

Would be stupid of him to leave. Truth be told, his show isn't that great, and he's crashed & burned in larger markets before (remember Q101 in Chicago?).

Sucks that 92.3 had to flip to Sports. That was the only decent rock station in town. 87.7 is awful and 99.1 has no signal (and plays none of the heavier stuff).

Cox actually grew up in Chicago and still has family there. He did mention in a blog interview one of his goals is to return to that city again on-air. He's also on a station in Detroit hosting mornings, and I believe his current wife is from Michigan, as well as his kids from his first marriage. I could see his reasons for wanting to go to a bigger market, especially with family connections.

Anybody else catch former WMMS afternoon co-host Stansbury on 87.7 yesterday? I guess they had him on for a one time only special appearance from 3 to 7. He sounded pretty good, apparently somebody on one of the other stations was smack talking about him, but I didn't catch who it was or what was said. Still sounds like a better co-host than Zumock or Bill Squire....though I'm not sure he would mesh with Alan Cox as good as he meshed with Maxwell.

Anybody else catch former WMMS afternoon co-host Stansbury on 87.7 yesterday? I guess they had him on for a one time only special appearance from 3 to 7. He sounded pretty good, apparently somebody on one of the other stations was smack talking about him, but I didn't catch who it was or what was said. Still sounds like a better co-host than Zumock or Bill Squire....though I'm not sure he would mesh with Alan Cox as good as he meshed with Maxwell.

I think Stansbury is blackballed at WMMS due to his Maxwell connection, so no chance of seeing him over there on any show.

Besides...wouldn't it be kinda awkward for Maxwell's right hand man to join up with the guy who replaced him?

I don't think Alan and Stansbury would mesh well either. It would've been awkward for both and listeners too. I think I saw on Alan's Twitter page when Chad was let go, someone mentioned that Stansbury should replace him and Alan responded by saying "that ship has sailed."

I wonder why Stansbury is blackballed. I thought 'MMS would take him back in a heartbeat. He was initally offered the postion, even after Charlie of Rover's show said no, but didn't want to work with him because he didn't want to stab Maxwell in the back.

I do think the WNCX move was a mistake. Maxwell didn't mesh well with the Classic Rock format, and towards the end, things might have deteriorated. Stansbury is now a bar owner out of state, so I'm not sure if he wants to go back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom