• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Annoying TV Commercials 2013 Edition

The worst of the year was Progressive's "LET'S GET READY TO BUNDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" mess. Made me want to throw the TV out the window.

I thought that one was great. Glad they don't show it constantly though. Cox Cable has a tendency to repeat their commercials until they wear them out - which happens pretty quick, even the good ones.

Also don't like Geico's "Hump Day" commercial, very stupid imo.

I like this one as well. Used to have a navy buddy with that exact voice.

My most annoying ones

Interactive brokers, the guy constantly clearing his throat.
The aflac commercial with the annoying speech therapist, that starts with her loud quacking
The ear cleaner where the stupid guy sticks a q-tip down his ear twice no less and yells like an idiot.
The VistaPrint commercial with the lady, Tess, that runs some business. At the end of the commercial she says "NO LIE" I never trusted anyone that says "No Lie" what does she think, that I think she is lying? Why would she think that. Also this commercial has been running on CNBC every 5 min for the last 3 months. CHANGE THE COMMERCIAL I'M SICK OF SEEING IT!!!!
Progressive, Lets get ready to BUNDLE............

Thanks for reminding me about WaxVac. The "OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!" is so loud and annoying, it's almost tied for Progressive's bundle ad as the one that wants me to throw something at the TV. And I thought the loud commercial ban actually BEGAN...it hasn't!

-crainbebo

The Kmart commerical with the 4th & 5th graders rapping this commerical is very offensive to me I grew up with 80s and 90s rap I can not stand the new skool swag crap. Glorifying music that is helping to make people more stupid than ever is lame. I do not know why then even show Kmart commericals here in Houston there has not been one here for like 12 to 15 yrs now waste $$$ on Kmarts part

DJboutit3, agreed. "My school bus is my limo" - WRONG!! And is K-Mart making us ghetto? They even have a 3 1/2 minute SONG about how my "school bus is my limo". The competing department stores must be laughing all the way to the bank. Nobody HAS to like rap to be in the modern culture - even though in some cases, it's making our kids WORSE - listening to Snoop Dogg talking F-bombs and S-bombs every other word.

-crainbebo

K-Mart and Sears are now under the same corporate umbrella. Both are pathetic, IMO. K-Mart blew their strong lead in discount retailing years ago, by remaining clueless while Wal-Mart and Target built their empires. At least Sears has two strong products - Kenmore Applicances, and Craftman tools. Other than that, Sears is a dinosaur.

Car commerical where the guy is taking stuff to far and you hear the honk sound to tell you to stop there new car it honks when tires are inflated to the right level. This commerical is so dam annoying

For me, with out a doubt, the ones with Chuck Wollery for catheters. After having had several surgeries which required me to wear a catheter for a while afterwards, just that word makes me cringe.

The Dish Network "Southies"..makes you really want to buy their service (not)

Incontinence mail order products this commerical is like 1:15 long it is really annoying and weird

Woolery must be begging for ANY TV job since his Love Connection and Lingo days! Selling catheters? WTH? Montel is the same thing. Three infomercials so far with Montel after his talk show was cancelled. Anything for money.

-crainbebo

Any and all commercials for COX Communications on TV and Radio.

I get a kick out of the one where all the ladies are sitting around setting up their fantasy football teams and Paul's mother criticizes another with a statement that "with that lineup you will score less than Paul did in college".

Any commercial that announces their phone number 5 times in the last 20 seconds, while it's flashing on the screen! (That means YOU, Life Alert!)

The bears that enjoy dropping a deuce way too much. Enjoy the go? I guess if they need to ration toilet paper.

Speaking of rap...
The new honey nut cheerios with Nelly.
I dunno about that.
"Must be the honey"

No one's mentioned the ads for the class action lawsuit for women who've had their mesh implant failures yet??

Don't you guys get those commercials where you are?? They must come on at least 19 times a day here (Arizona)- for sufferers to call some toll free number so they can get in on the lawsuit. Apparently it's for some disgusting problem that makes their hoo hoos fall out, or something like that. The first time I saw that commercial, I thought to myself as I did a load of laundry "if I were a man, that would turn me gay" just thinking about some old lady's parts randomly falling out of her down there holes.

Yes- that mesh failure is a real thing. I guess when women get super old, their "parts" inside there can get all flobby and useless and have to be rebuilt out of some kind of mesh, and those parts failed so now big lawsuit.

Here, found a youtube of one of the ads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cC9A9vWUg

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom