• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Yunnan Province Radio, PRC

Ai4i

Star Participant
I will be spending some time at my latitude line (27° north) but 180° longitude away from where I live (east or west, either way) and will report when I return. Any ideas on what to listen for? I should be within night time AM range of Myanmar, Laos, Viet Nam, but I only speak English.

I am back with this very brief report. Not a whole lot of music stations on FM and a bunch were squeezed together near the top of the band. Gobs and gobs of commercials, though all the stations are government owned, this is no BBC. Softer music late at night, but little if any Chinese traditional (guqin, ets) music.
On AM, the following stations caught my ear at night:

540 or 549, "This is Vietnam" in some Asian language
Around 657 or 666, Bangladesh in English
Somewhere in the middle of the band (unable to turn a light on) RCI (Radio China International) with, "The Beijing Hour" hosted by a very slick major market American broadcaster with a voice just bubbling over with wonderful pauses and inflections who is very knowledgeable about international and domestic economics.
Something like 1575, The VOA from Malaysia.

xeixei (pronounced, shayshay or cheche)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom