• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

D.L. Hughley coming to WZAK

vjm

Star Participant
WZAK 92.3 has announced that comedian/TV star D.L. Hughley will begin a new nationally syndicated PM drive show starting Monday.

Hughley will essentially replace Michael Baisden, whose long running national PM driver was canceled by Cumulus in a contract dispute.

Dallas personality Skip Murphy had been doing essentially an interim show for the past few months.

It's actually WZAK 93.1, and yes, DL is the new syndicated host on PM drive.

Hopefully, he'll help make ratings stronger in that time slot.

CleveFan said:
It's actually WZAK 93.1, and yes, DL is the new syndicated host on PM drive.

Hopefully, he'll help make ratings stronger in that time slot.

OMG!

What a doofus I am.

I post so much about 92.3 The fan, it was like a force of habit.

No biggie! It's easy confuse the two frequencies, especially at the 9s and 3s. BTW, 92.3 and WZAK were once sister stations back in the mid to late 1990's from Zebra/Zapis to Chancellor/AM-FM before they split up with CBS (92.3) and Radio One (WZAK).

How do you think D.L. will do on WZAK? I think he'll do well. Hopefully better than Skip Murphy.

CleveFan said:
No biggie! It's easy confuse the two frequencies, especially at the 9s and 3s. BTW, 92.3 and WZAK were once sister stations back in the mid to late 1990's from Zebra/Zapis to Chancellor/AM-FM before they split up with CBS (92.3) and Radio One (WZAK).

How do you think D.L. will do on WZAK? I think he'll do well. Hopefully better than Skip Murphy.

I think he'll be OK.

Steve Harvey had a similar professional background to Hughley, and he was able to come into radio later in life and have success, so why not Hughley?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom