• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ideas for New Channels

I didn't know EnLighten was a Salem channel. It wasn't when it was added to the lineup. When did Salem take over?
As for Osteen, his channel hasn't started yet. There's still a loop running on the channel and the screen display reads "coming this fall."

I did some checking and found out that Salem used to own The Message but now it and the other Christian music channels are now owned by Sirius XM, which would probably explain why they're limiting Christian music to just those three channels. Sorry about the mixup.

Keep The Highway as new country
Move Prime Country from 80-90's to 70's-today with a heavy focus on 80's-90's
Keep Willie's Roadhouse Classic Country, but rebrand it.
Keep Bluegrass Junction
Eliminate Y2K Country
Eliminate Outlaw Country
Revive X-Country, the old Alternative-Country format on XM
Launch a new Indie Country channel, featuring all independent label and unsigned artist content.

And while you're at it, DROP KIIS-FM in Los Angeles and then bring back The Big 98 WSIX! We don't need two XM Radio channels airing Ryan Seacrest at the same time.

Before the merger, XM offered a channel called fine tunning. Basically, it was a mix of music from classical, to alternative, to jazz. I wish they would bring it back.

I agree; XM needs a nice 56K quality 'Fine Tuning' - in fact, it was even in 5.1 surround before the merger of two unequals. I also advocate the return of XM's 'Cinemagic' and Sirius' "Easy Movin' " station - an "Escape type channel" with MOR easy listening vocals from the crooners of the 50's thru today.
Too bad they're out of bandwidth until they combine both services into one contiguous bandwidth for new combined SXM without duplicating everything.

I vote that Sirius (only because I have that) should shut down about 25% of the talk and niche channels, allowing increase of bandwidth on the more popular music channels. To me, it's just wrong that their music channels sound so bad and bit-starved.

Listened tonight to 70sOn7....Eagles "Lying Eyes" was playing

GEEESSSSHH!!! What horrible artifacts in the music...WTF??? On another channel (and it was a much higher number...never saw this one before??), there was the 70s hit by MECO...It's 'Star Wars'.....nothing but Star Wars...admit it, you just sang that in Bill Murray's voice, didn't you?? ;) ) and it sounded normal!! ?????

Really, Sirius.....good way to run off subscribers...

One (MORE) reason why I am not a subscriber...
they are running a free listen in until tomorrow I think...been on since Thanksgiving

You want to hear bad artifacts, listen to "The Bridge" on a Sirius radio in a couple-year old Chrysler - they have "Stereo Spacialization" built into the radio, so it magnifies the swirling artifacts to the 10th degree. XM may not have nearly as much stereo separation on CH32, but at least they don't have nearly the artifacts out in the open.

As for new channels, I'd like to see one devoted to Brazilian pop (known as 'MPB'), and 'J-Pop' (Japanese). I would also like to hear a better version of "The Bridge," with a deeper playlist and more of a soft album rock sound. A "Full Service" AC format would be something I'd like, but there probably aren't enough listeners like me to make that work financially on any platform.

Regarding artifacts, they can be awful on the radios, but online I think they sound better. I do hear the artifacts online as well. But overall I like the programming I've heard on Sirius/XM--far more than most of my local AM-FM choices.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom