• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Heidi West out at WSRS morning show

WMC2006

Walk of Fame Participant
Saw where Scott Fybush reported that Heidi West is gone from the morning show after only a year and a few months.

Checked online:

http://www.golocalworcester.com/news/new-heidi-west-resigns-from-wsrs-morning-show/

Her quote about her next radio opportunity leads me to believe she was asked to resign.

Greg Byrne flies solo again for now.

Who wants to be the first to suggest that Karen Blake should get the job? ::) :D

Was listening briefly in the 9am hour this morning and heard Amanda Giles on with Greg. Greg thanked her for helping him this morning and keeping him organized. Sounded like more than that. She was on-air and sounding very much like a morning show co-host. Isn't/wasn't Amanda a Magic 106.7 personality at some point? She isn't listed on their website now though. I don't know how often Amanda has been on-air with Greg since Heidi left but from this morning's brief listen, I think Greg just might have found his new co-host.

Heidi might be moving out of New England to be closer to Jaybeau Jones, who currently works for SiriusXM's '70s on 7.

On Jaybeau's bio (http://www.siriusxm.com/70son7) it states:

"Jaybeau lists HIS heroes as his kids Jordan and Matthew, as well as his sweetheart Heidi … also a DJ!"

Must be something about Springfield for former Worcester radio people. That's where Chris Zito went (and still is at Mix 93-1) following his short stint with Karen Blake at WODS/Boston.

I think WSRS is slowly starting to go downhill. It seems like they're starting to have more syndicated programming than local programming. They've had Delilah for years, but they also have Jana, Jim Brickman, Tom Kent, and old reruns of AT40. I'm gonna say the only good thing about the station now is the AT40 reruns. That was always one of the few national radio programs that I actually liked.

I was in a Dunkin' Donuts yesterday in Queens. They had WLTW on. I've also heard WKTU on in one in Manhattan. I'll have to listen to hear Dunkin' Donuts Radio! Do they play the Hot AC hits and then tell you to get a Mocha Coffee Coolata?

BTW, Nina Blackwood hosts on the Sirius XM 80s on 8 channel, along with the other original MTV VJs. And she lives in Maine. So I wonder, does she do her stuff from a studio somewhere in Maine? Does she come to NYC every couple of weeks?

I worked with Heidi weekends at WXLO/Worcester in 2001 before I left Jan 2002 - a nice kid and cool person to work with...

Almost all SiriusXM music jocks (except the Hits 1 morning show and a couple of others) are tracked, and many of them remotely. 80's on 8 is all done from home studios, same with 70's on 7 and 90's on 9.

Heard someone named Suzanne cohosting with Greg this morning. I wasn't very impressed in the brief time I heard her just before 9am. She was reading a promo (can't remember regarding what) and she kept stumbling over her words and butchered "Leominster". Don't know if she's local, not local, don't know last name. Greg did say something to the effect of "Greg and Suzanne bringing you into the 9 o'clock hour".

Apparently, according to comments on WSRS's FB page, someone named Jaki Lauper has been on with Greg a couple of times and they like her a lot.

Heidi West is coming back to the Worcester area. According to a small piece that I read in the Business Matters section of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, she will be joining the staff in afternoons later this month at the Q90.1 FM (WYQQ-FM). They are a Christian hit music station based in Charlton just west of Worcester. Although the station is spotty at best within Worcester, they bill themselves as a Worcester station.

http://worcesterbusinessmatters.ma.newsmemory.com/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom