AM 1060 Calgary - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AM 1060 Calgary

Latest ppms show CKMX with these numbers: 1.5 share, with total cume of 260,800, daily cume of 26,900. Weekly cume is up from the previous 222, 800 and daily cume is up from 24,500 Share went from 1.1 to the current 1.5. It's gaining an audience, it seems.

A 1.5 in the latest PPM's released earlier this week. Down from their most recent high of 2.9 in Spring/2012 when they were still Classic Country.

Quote Originally Posted by FreewayGeek View Post
    A 1.5 in the latest PPM's released earlier this week. Down from their most recent high of 2.9 in Spring/2012 when they were still Classic Country.
    Let us not forget that CKMX has a huge following in many areas that the PPM does not survey. It was even popular in the United States as well. I could get a very clear signal on 1060 in the Seattle area and would listen frequently over the air at night.

I find the comedy more entertaining and different than the classic country songs you can hear all over the AM dial at night.

And the fact that CKMX slams into the NW at local strength is possibly good for them, even though they don't technically serve the NW US audience, because there are no comedy stations in the Puget Sound area, and I don't think there are any in Eastern Washington or Oregon, either.

Back in their AM 106 days, they got calls from all over the west coast all the time every night. One of their night jocks told me that they got as many calls from the coast as they did from Calgary.

Well, that's exactly what's happening to many AM radio stations in Canada these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12