• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kevin, Virginia and Jason (KVJ Show) Moving to Miami

Call me shocked. Clear Channel showed some real commitment to the KVJ Show, syndicating them in Sarasota and Key West. While Kevin, Virginia, and Jason are probably off working for Cox - especially in terms of job security - don't you think that the show skews young for a Hot AC audience? In addition, this move unfortunately means Elvis Duran on Wild. :(

ScottBurns said:
In addition, this move unfortunately means Elvis Duran on Wild. :(

I hope not. I love Elvis. It's a good morning show imho. But I can already hear him on Y100. It's already sad that both Wild and Y run Ryan Seacrest in middays

FLjack2 said:
ScottBurns said:
In addition, this move unfortunately means Elvis Duran on Wild. :(

I hope not. I love Elvis. It's a good morning show imho. But I can already hear him on Y100. It's already sad that both Wild and Y run Ryan Seacrest in middays

The article linked by the original poster mentioned that Elvis starts on Wild next Monday

With Elvis, that makes WILD completely automated. They lost Valentine becoming PD at Y100. No matter how good the out of town talent (without anything live and local) the PPMs for these guys will fall off a cliff.

I haven't heard him take calls; then again, Valentine never did. Brody, however, has talked on air about moving to South Florida and about local establishments.

I know Katie is VT'd from Tampa, and Kruz is obviously VT'd. Anyone know from where he is piped in?

Brody is the PD. I listened to the last KVJ show today, and Brody was live in studio. My guess is that his afternoon shift is partly tracked most days.

ScottBurns said:
I haven't heard him take calls; then again, Valentine never did. Brody, however, has talked on air about moving to South Florida and about local establishments.

I know Katie is VT'd from Tampa, and Kruz is obviously VT'd. Anyone know from where he is piped in?

Valentine did take for a short time early on when he worked the nighttime. Kruz VTs from DC

So now that they have been on the air a few days what does everyone think? They sound like they did on 95.5 to me. Seems they have some studio issues to get used to, but overall sounds good. Let's see if they can give Elvis a run for his money in Miami.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom