• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A Third Morning News Anchor for WHEC TV?

Mark Giardina

Star Participant
On Facebook here was a photo and announcement of a new morning news anchor hired at WHEC TV here in Rochester. He was photographed standing next to current co-anchor and morning beat reporter Nikki Rudd.

So my question is two part: Is this gentleman (sorry I don’t remember his name) going to co-anchor Channel 10’s morning news program with Rebecca LeClair? Or will there be three anchors at the desk?

I also have to wonder, considering the recent personnel changes at 10, if these changes will include WHEC’s early morning program as well. In other words will one of the current anchors be moved to another time slot?

Maybe someone who knows for certain what is going on can enlighten the rest of us.

I read the name one time of the new guy, but I forgot. Scott Kilbury started anchoring this week, although Don Hudson is still reporting. Kind of awkward. Kilbury previously anchored at KOLD, the CBS affiliate in my old home town of Tucson, although I think he's a native New Yorker.

And Sharita Erves is back just as suddenly as she was gone. Anchored the last couple weekends. Never heard one shred of rumor as to what the story was with her.

But I did hear rumor this week of another departure behind the scenes. I heard it very second hand, so it may not be very reliable and I have no idea why said person is leaving.

Either way, seems like a lot of upheaval over there lately.

Sxottlan said:
Sharita Erves is back just as suddenly as she was gone. Anchored the last couple weekends. Never heard one shred of rumor as to what the story was with her.
Maybe she was ill and needed time off from work. I have no idea, but I do know there is a viral bug going around (which I had) and it takes four or more weeks, plus a lot of medication, before one recovers from the illness.

As for personnel changes at 10, I've heard the same thing as you have. It's a shame because at one time WHEC TV was one of the most stable TV operations in Rochester when it came to job security.

I believe the guy you're talking about is Patrick Taney. He last worked at WKBW-TV in Buffalo, where he was the anchor of the early morning news show plus morning cut-ins. Pat's a Rochester native and took the job to be closer to his family. He's a dedicated guy who is detail oriented and hopefully will be an asset to WHEC...

Sxottlan said:
And Sharita Erves is back just as suddenly as she was gone. Anchored the last couple weekends. Never heard one shred of rumor as to what the story was with her.

Well, Lynette Adams did the anchoring this past weekend for WHEC with no mention of Ms. Erves having the days off at all. What are they doing playing musical chairs on the weekend?

I give up on 10. I don't know what they are doing.

FTVLive had this posted today regarding Sharita Erves:
Tina Shively is freelancing as a reporter at KVUE in Austin from anchor/reporter at WROC in Rochester.

[/quote]

Well, Lynette Adams did the anchoring this past weekend for WHEC with no mention of Ms. Erves having the days off at all. What are they doing playing musical chairs on the weekend?

[/quote]

tjdean said:
FTVLive had this posted today regarding Sharita Erves:
Tina Shively is freelancing as a reporter at KVUE in Austin from anchor/reporter at WROC in Rochester.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok, maybe I am missing something, but that doesn't tell me anything. If you posted a link, it's not clickable.

jfc40ts said:
I believe the guy you're talking about is Patrick Taney. He last worked at WKBW-TV in Buffalo, where he was the anchor of the early morning news show plus morning cut-ins. Pat's a Rochester native and took the job to be closer to his family. He's a dedicated guy who is detail oriented and hopefully will be an asset to WHEC...

There is a photograph of Mr. Taney on Facebook (for those of you who actually go there) along with Nikki Rudd and Rich.

So will the morning team consist of Pat, Rich and Rebecca or Pat, Rich and Nikki? I know that Rebecca is at Oak Hill for the PGA this week, but what happens next week. I'm just confused....which is normal for me ;D

Regarding Sharita Erves may I suggest that either someone call Channel 10 and speak to the News Director or better yet maybe Scott Fybush knows what’s going on and will provide an answer to the question of Ms. Erves job (or non-job) status at Channel 10.

Thanks to a photo posted on Facebook it appears that there will be four people behind the anchor desk for the early morning show on Channel 10: Three news anchors and one meteorologist.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom