BIG 105.9 HD signal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIG 105.9 HD signal

Unregistered
    Did you know that Big 105.9 has a new PD? And that Maria Milito and Ken Dashow, based at WAXQ in New York and VT'd mid-days and evenings are out and that Aly Young from WRDA Altanta is VT'ing mid-days? Read all about the new PD here at http://www.allaccess.com/rock/10-que...#disqus_thread. Haven't listened in a long time, now have reason to listen to hear the changes.

Unregistered
    I don't see any changes, or foresee any. It sounds exactly like it did before. The McDonalds of radio. Replaced one out of town PD with another, replace one out of town voice track personality with another one. Same songs, same liners. Same cookie cuttering from Doc Reno with his all purpose generic breaks that can be played on any station or any day part. His overnight on Big are so out of place. Its way to high energy and no appropriate for overnights. So, this article interview with the new out of town PD doesn't say anything to me.

David Francis
    Tuned into Big 105.9 and didn't hear Mud. Went to Big 105.9 site and his page is gone. Searched All Access and discovered he was let go as part of a restructuring since April 18th. You can read about it on All Access HERE and HERE. Top 40 WHYI (Y100) PD ALEX TEAR takes over Big.

First Patti Moreno at the Beach 102.7, now Mud at Big 105.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't see any changes, or foresee any. It sounds exactly like it did before. The McDonalds of radio. Replaced one out of town PD with another, replace one out of town voice track personality with another one. Same songs, same liners. Same cookie cuttering from Doc Reno with his all purpose generic breaks that can be played on any station or any day part. His overnight on Big are so out of place. Its way to high energy and no appropriate for overnights. So, this article interview with the new out of town PD doesn't say anything to me.
    So . . . what is up with Big 105.9 these days. I really thought, come January 1st, I'd see an all new website and Facebook page reflecting their change from "Classic Rock" to "Classic Hits." I do see that Dave Hill finally took over as PD from Micheal "Mud" Gross and interterm PD Grace Blazer, who is the PD for Sport WINZ and Talker WOID -- when Ken Charles left.

Did they stop or are they still playing all that one hit wonder 80s non sense from Modern English and Eurythmics and The Outfield? I think I have heard "American Pie" from Don McClean more in two months via Big than I have in the past 10 years. And hearing ID's stating Big is "Classic Rock" then plays Stevie Wonders' "Superstitious," just very , very odd. Now that Hill is in, has Big readjusted back to being "Classic Rock" and ended there "Classic Hits" expeiment? Per their Facebook page, the listeners hated the format tweaks. They do not like Eurythmics , that's for darn sure. I haven't / stopped tuning in . . . anyone been listening with intel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12