• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Surf Row Radio WYND AM 1280 - Sarasota, FL

flwfg

Frequent Participant
Anyone hear of any of the "Top Cats" from the former AM 1280 Surf Row Radio .. 500 watt 2 tower directional Day timer WYND Sarasota, FL from the mid 60's to say mid 70's....Was owned in the early 70's by Trend Broadcasting, Inc, which was owned by Lowell W. (Bud) Paxon who later started the Home Shopping Network, then a large cluster of radio stations throughout Florida, and lastly PAX-TV (now ION TV) ...He was the trade out KING of all time...

WYND Surf Row Radio 1280

Anyone hear of any of the "Top Cats" from the former AM 1280 Surf Row Radio .. 500 watt 2 tower directional Day timer WYND Sarasota, FL from the mid 60's to say mid 70's....Was owned in the early 70's by Trend Broadcasting, Inc, which was owned by Lowell W. (Bud) Paxon who later started the Home Shopping Network, then a large cluster of radio stations throughout Florida, and lastly PAX-TV (now ION TV) ...He was the trade out KING of all time...

Well...yes... Johnny Dark here....one of the former Top Cats of Surf Row Radio WYND. I'm still in touch with Butch Luke, Bobby Jaye, Jack Daniels, Ken Kold, Greg rice, Jerry Kelly, Pepper Lipsync...and more of the old crew from WYND.

It's nice to see that someone still remembers :)

JD

Jim E. ( Much More Music) Madman Mikels here. Was looking around, found the site and decided to say, "Hi to all." I'm happy to say, I'm still mad as hell, enjoying and writing music in my home studio and hope to have some absolutely and categorical terrible music released someday in the future. After all, so many if the greats are gone so now there is a lot of room at the bottom. I'm still married to the one and only Miss WYND after 43 years of a honeymoon that will never end and enjoying every breath I take, especially with the most beautiful beauty the station ever had. Love to hear from all. I loved every minute you invited me into your radio. You all had some great looking radios on the inside and I enjoyed every tube and trasister I sat on while there. Keep on keeping on and may Surf Row never be forgotten!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom