• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFSX to drop AM Simulasts.....Finally

Looks like the guess on sports was correct. Like I said Phil usually has the good insider scoop around here.

Sports fed off the bird, a cheap and easy way to fill those two frequencies. Pretty much as I expected all along. I knew nothing ground breaking would happen given the owners. I am a bit surprised they went with NBC Sports. I was figuring on either CBS or Fox Sports as those are the two networks that the owners are currently associated with.

I am not sure just how successful this will be given ESPN is now on a full service FM signal. Who is going to listen to this? But as I said earlier they may not even care that much. It won't cost them much to run these two station.

Does anyone know if there will be any local hosts?

AM 1240 now goes by the call letters WFWN.

From the FCC Call Sign Query:

Call Sign: WFWN
Service: AM
Fac ID: 2882
City: FORT MYERS
State: FL
Effective Date: 07/22/2013
Assigned To: SUN BROADCASTING INC

If you want CBS Sports Radio (most CBS Radio Stations run them. If you want FOX Sports Radio (iheartradio) from Clear Channel run FOX Sports Radio.

And your point?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom