• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Fan Resorts to "Plan P"

Looks fake to me... :p

R

Yeah, because drinking your own urine (even faking it) is going to bring in a ton of radio listeners, especially listeners that advertisers are just dying to reach.

Because the ratings book is saying the opposite that many people are turning on and staying tuned in. Especially if you look at the demo during the weekday day time shows, then their dominance is even more apparent. At that time they have more listeners then the Fan and ESPN put together.

Well, if nothing else, at least we've established that scatological humor is funnier than urinal. Thanks for helping us all to understand!

They can try whatever plan they want, and it will probably fail. The station does not have any compelling hosts who can entertain and hold an audience. It's too bad because there was a time when they could compete with the other stations. Things went downhill after Spanier left. Maybe he knew what was ahead and had a timely escape. He did entertian the airwaves, which is more than can be said now. Unless drinking your own urine is considered good radio???

Spanier was an East coast blowhard spare who worked the night shift. His departure wasn't a blow to that station, or any other.

futballfan said:
They can try whatever plan they want, and it will probably fail. The station does not have any compelling hosts who can entertain and hold an audience. It's too bad because there was a time when they could compete with the other stations. Things went downhill after Spanier left. Maybe he knew what was ahead and had a timely escape. He did entertian the airwaves, which is more than can be said now. Unless drinking your own urine is considered good radio???

Choppy and Troy can entertain. Both are pretty damn funny. The whole New School Show might be able to make some noise in a different time slot. Tough vs Musers. Uphill battle. But Elf/Slater and Ben/Skin BLOW

Im not sure how you can say they're entertaining. ???

Troy and RJ are constantly giggling like little girls. Troy might be a great button pusher, but he is not a voice you want on a sports talk show, his bits are stolen and unorginal. RJ just screams into the mic and thinks he is making a point. Shan is the only one on the show who can drive. I feel bad for the guy. I agree 100% on the other two shows. Elf and Slater are clueless. Ben and Skin have been brown nosing in the market since they got their first gig. Seems like everyone is over their show expect spittle.

One of the main reasons no one can compete with the ticket is because they are constantly 10 steps ahead. The ticket has a set of hosts and producers who get it. They know the market, they know how to give you a sports story and make it entertaining. They know when to be a pro and when to let loose. they're easy to listen to. Its not something you can teach. you have it or you dont. when you look at the other two stations in the market..

Shan Sharrif
Randy Galloway

thats it. everyone else is just trying to stay afloat. they're trying and ill give them that, but trying and working hard are two different things. people on this board and like myself have glorified the host position and everyone thinks they can do it. the ratings of 105.3 the fan show different. Spittle thinks the cowboys will save him..wrong..throwing columbo on the pregame wont work either. im sure he is still shaken up from the BaD Radio bluff.

I cant imagine it taking long for a return of fox sports radio in the market considering bruce gilbert is a big part of it. with espn and the fan just getting by itll be faiirly easy for fox sports to swoop in and jump into a #2 spot.

with all that said...whats left in the market? the fairweather sports fan in the metroplex is also a fairweather sports talk listener. for a major market dallas is pretty crappy.

BenB said:
Well, if nothing else, at least we've established that scatological humor is funnier than urinal. Thanks for helping us all to understand!

I think what has been established is that the average IQ of people listening to this garbage is about 40. Excuse me - I have to vomit.

rbrucecarter5 said:
BenB said:

I think what has been established is that the average IQ of people listening to this garbage is about 40. Excuse me - I have to vomit.

My IQ is way above 40 and I love the fart jokes on the Ticket. I think its funny. It's called ENTERTAINMENT.

salemjedi54 said:
rbrucecarter5 said:
BenB said:

My IQ is way above 40 and I love the fart jokes on the Ticket. I think its funny. It's called ENTERTAINMENT.

I would rather have icepicks forced into my ears than listen to such tasteless trash. I do not invite the cesspool cleaner to come and dump his load on my living room carpet, neither would I listen to audio sewage to come into my room on the radio.

salemjedi54 said:

The Shrek movies grossed a couple of billion dollars with farts and burps. Quite a few folks must think the same way.

The mythical Morning Show Handbook has a chapter entitled "Farts are Funny".

rbrucecarter5 said:
salemjedi54 said:
rbrucecarter5 said:
BenB said:

I would rather have icepicks forced into my ears than listen to such tasteless trash. I do not invite the cesspool cleaner to come and dump his load on my living room carpet, neither would I listen to audio sewage to come into my room on the radio.

Okay well someone likes it. Rather listen to the Ticket than that boring sports talk on ESPN Radio.

Gavin Dawson, Chris Arnold, and Mike Bacsik would be an interesting show on The Ticket where they'd have freedom to talk about what they want. On The Fan though...eh. Still a better option than Elf and Slater though. They've had Dawson playing in the minors in evening drive so it's about time they moved him up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom