• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Want KYA-FM jingles and bumpers

Hi Folks:

Is there a source for KYA-FM (or KSFO/KYA) jingles and bumpers (circa 1989-1994)? I want them for my ipod. I am not interested in the AM materials, only the FM.

Thanks,

Mike C.

mikecroaro said:
Hi Folks:

Is there a source for KYA-FM (or KSFO/KYA) jingles and bumpers (circa 1989-1994)? I want them for my ipod. I am not interested in the AM materials, only the FM.

Thanks,

Mike C.

You might try posting under AIRCHECK COLLECTORS under Radio Discussions. I had some luck in the past and found what I was looking for.

stewie said:
Tom_KYA1260 said:
I have an aircheck of KSFO/KYA-FM from 1990 and edited these jingles from it.

https://soundcloud.com/tom_sf/sets/jingles

I love the ID -- San Francisco and then San Jose.

Remember the station well. It flipped in 1994 right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the station had a troubled past from about 2002 to 2005 when SBS took over.

Gene Nelson instructed his board op, Tony, to only play one of the jingles out of every stop set. BTW, it was a half package...the station went into sale to 1st Broadcasting (Ron Unkefer), and the other half of the cuts were cancelled. This is the KSFO-KYA-FM package I refer to. Later, when they split the stations again, in 91 or 92, there was a set of Jingles from Edwards called Nonstop Oldies. When Dave Anthony left, and Bob Hamilton returned, we got Drake Jingles back...with the great Charlie Van Dyke voicing the IDs and liners.

SFStatic said:
Gene Nelson instructed his board op, Tony, to only play one of the jingles out of every stop set. BTW, it was a half package...the station went into sale to 1st Broadcasting (Ron Unkefer), and the other half of the cuts were cancelled. This is the KSFO-KYA-FM package I refer to. Later, when they split the stations again, in 91 or 92, there was a set of Jingles from Edwards called Nonstop Oldies. When Dave Anthony left, and Bob Hamilton returned, we got Drake Jingles back...with the great Charlie Van Dyke voicing the IDs and liners.

For those of us who grew up in LA, those "93 KYA" Drake jingles had lots of nostalgia value, reminding us of 93 (AM) KHJ. I was sad when CBS bought the station, and decided to flip to country - at that point, CBS owned two Oldies stations (the other being the stronger 99.7/KFRC) so the flip seemed like a no-brainer, I guess.

I think it was around 1994 when they went to "Young Country". I tried to get on myself in 1986 but they hired a little 19 year-old "trainee" instead. Can you say "affirmative action hire"?

Young Country...they came in and cut hours and pay. I took great pleasure in quitting those jerks on the phone with no notice when I got another gig. Only time in a long career I did that, and they richly deserved it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom